August 2012 Buddies!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Marisama

Re: August 2012 Buddies!

#16 Post by Marisama »

What caused relapse?

ramirezmu8

#17 Post by ramirezmu8 »

Not sure but a 3 piece lefort is one of the more unstable surgeries

Marisama

#18 Post by Marisama »

ramirezmu8 wrote:Not sure but a 3 piece lefort is one of the more unstable surgeries
Are you going to the same surgeon? That must be really stressful to deal with a second surgery.

ramirezmu8

#19 Post by ramirezmu8 »

Marisama wrote:
ramirezmu8 wrote:Not sure but a 3 piece lefort is one of the more unstable surgeries
Are you going to the same surgeon? That must be really stressful to deal with a second surgery.
Already had it redone with the same surgeon. Im 11 days post op :)

Webbie

#20 Post by Webbie »

I got braced this month- August 2012.

ramirezmu8

#21 Post by ramirezmu8 »

Hey guys, nothing really new here. Still banded shut @ day 19 post op. My next appointment with the surgeon is September 14th. Im praying that I atleast get unbanded. I dont mind having the splint in but i want to be able to open my mouth! Most of the swelling is gone but still have some lingering swelling in my cheeks. Next ortho appointment is on the 17th of september. Ill be posting some pictures after I'm unbanded and get the splint removed. Hope everyone is doing well

Nathaniel

#22 Post by Nathaniel »

ramirezmu8 wrote:Hey guys, nothing really new here. Still banded shut @ day 19 post op. My next appointment with the surgeon is September 14th. Im praying that I atleast get unbanded. I dont mind having the splint in but i want to be able to open my mouth! Most of the swelling is gone but still have some lingering swelling in my cheeks. Next ortho appointment is on the 17th of september. Ill be posting some pictures after I'm unbanded and get the splint removed. Hope everyone is doing well

Hey, congrats on the reduction in swelling! I think I'm in the same boat as you basically, just some swelling in the cheeks, plus a tinnnny bit at the bottom of my chin.

I hope you get unbanded on your next appt. too! :)

I have my appt. with my OS and my Ortho on the same day next Wednesday on the 12th :)
Braces to come on: May 4th, 2011
My Blog: http://thejawjourney.blogspot.com/

ramirezmu8

#23 Post by ramirezmu8 »

Nathaniel wrote:
ramirezmu8 wrote:Hey guys, nothing really new here. Still banded shut @ day 19 post op. My next appointment with the surgeon is September 14th. Im praying that I atleast get unbanded. I dont mind having the splint in but i want to be able to open my mouth! Most of the swelling is gone but still have some lingering swelling in my cheeks. Next ortho appointment is on the 17th of september. Ill be posting some pictures after I'm unbanded and get the splint removed. Hope everyone is doing well

Hey, congrats on the reduction in swelling! I think I'm in the same boat as you basically, just some swelling in the cheeks, plus a tinnnny bit at the bottom of my chin.

I have my appt. with my OS and my Ortho on the same day next Wednesday on the 12th :)
I'm glad you're doing well! If I read your blog correctly, you're also still banded shut right? Do you know if you will be unbanded on the 12th? I've read that some people remain banded shut for up to 6 weeks post op! I hope that's not the case for me.

Good luck at your appointments!

Nathaniel

#24 Post by Nathaniel »

ramirezmu8 wrote:
Nathaniel wrote:

I'm glad you're doing well! If I read your blog correctly, you're also still banded shut right? Do you know if you will be unbanded on the 12th? I've read that some people remain banded shut for up to 6 weeks post op! I hope that's not the case for me.

Good luck at your appointments!
Hey there! :) Yes I'm still banded shut, but as I need to change the bands every three days I take that opportunity to eat normal (albeit very soft) foods! Eggs and pasta are my favourites. In between those band changing events (I call them events because I still have yet to master it!) I just drink Boosts/Ensures!. If you have wires (I believe you do if you have a splint), then it will be a different case; I hope you can get out of the wires soon!! :)
Braces to come on: May 4th, 2011
My Blog: http://thejawjourney.blogspot.com/

ramirezmu8

#25 Post by ramirezmu8 »

Update:

4 weeks, 2 days post op. Had my 2nd follow up appointment with my surgeon today but unfortunately he was out of town at a conference. I was seen by one of the residents who was present the day of the surgery. She said that everything looked really good. She wasnt sure if my surgeon was going to unband me today so she gave him a call. Luckily, he said YEAH!!!! It felt so weird not being banded shut anymore but im glad i got them removed. She put on 4 guiding elastics, 2 on each side. I can take them off to brush and eat. She told me to continue the liquid diet for at least another week when I will be seen by the surgeon (Friday). Hopefully my surgeon removes the splint next friday but I wouldnt mind if he didnt since it doesnt really bother me. Im also hoping he will give me the OK to eat very soft foods.

I will be posting some pictures once I get the splint removed. Hope everyone is doing well!