October 2012 Buddies

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sarasea

Re: October 2012 Buddies

#16 Post by sarasea »

Helen, our surgery is scheduled for the same day then! Good luck and hopefully it isn't delayed again.

trossi

#17 Post by trossi »

Hey guys!!
We're getting closer!!
My pre surgical went really well. My surgeon was happy with everything. He was thinking of not doing the genioplasty but i told him if he thinks it will improve my profile at all to not hesitate and just do it. I really want to have a defined jaw.
He also said that he's going to try to turn my upper lip out because its sort of nonexistent right now.
I have to admit I'm really happy with everything he said and I can't wait for next week to come.
I've probably bought way more stuff than I need. I have a refrigerator devoted to jaw surgery liquids.
My surgeon does the first week on clear liquids and then opaque liquids from then on.
I'm so excited!!!!!

HelenUK

#18 Post by HelenUK »

sarasea wrote:Helen, our surgery is scheduled for the same day then! Good luck and hopefully it isn't delayed again.
oh yeah! i'm assured that it won't be cancelled this time, so we can count down together!

I got a letter from the hospital today to confirm that my pre-op is on 10th oct, andthen surgery on 24th oct. It's all starting to become a bit too real now!

Good luck those of you having surgery next week, I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on. xx

Indigo

#19 Post by Indigo »

Mine is Oct 10th! I just got the date last Wednesday,and I got my hooks today. I was informed I'd be WIRED shut,and not banded..And I'm being wired shut because of my age (37),and to lower the risk of nerve damage. My emotions are all over the place... It seems unreal

speechie

#20 Post by speechie »

I am day 3 post double jaw surgery and not feeling TOO awful. I haven't had much of an appetite, but have been trying to keep hydrated and pain free. The worst part for me is the congestion. It is so claustrophobic not being able to breathe. We have a humidifier and I've been able to carefully clear some gunk from my nose to help me breathe. The swelling is definitely much worse today than the day after surgery.

What is the facebook group that people have joined?

whitney22

#21 Post by whitney22 »

Hi everyone,
I wish I found this forum earlier. I'm going go to have double jaw surgery next Wednesday, which is 10/10. I think I'm beyond ready for the surgery as I've been wearing braces for 3 years, but at the same time I'm so scared and worried about it. Does anyone know if there's any risk or permanent negative effect of the surgery? My surgeon told me that there is chances for me to have permanent numbness on my lips and face after the surgery. The idea of permanent numbness on my face kind of bothering me, but I'm also worrying about the chances of getting infection or loosing screws years after. Am I thinking too much?
Anyways, I hope everyone's surgery will go well!

Indigo

#22 Post by Indigo »

Wishing you all the best :D @Whitney22,and to all having surgery this month..

whitney22

#23 Post by whitney22 »

[quote="Indigo"]Wishing you all the best :D @Whitney22,and to all having surgery this month..[/quote]

yeah good luck :wink: 4 more days to go!!! what time is your surgery? mine is at 1pm. i was told that i can't eat and drink after midnight...

sarasea

#24 Post by sarasea »

Hope everyone who has had their surgery so far this month is hanging in there. I had my pre-op appointment today so it is starting to feel very real now. Two weeks to go! All I have bought so far is a blender (the Ninja!) and a jaw bra for ice packs. Probably should pick up a few more things. Very excited at this point!

Indigo

#25 Post by Indigo »

My Time is @ 9:30am... I think I'm having a panic attack right now....for real! Thank god I know about this site! I'm trying not to catch a cold. The phobia is kicking in. It's real...and I'm still waiting for insurance clearance :? Only things I've bought are,a Bullet and a scented candle... I asked the Dr what should I purchase and he said I'd only need ice in the hospital. I pray I am not ill-prepared. My main concern is breathing.

Indigo

#26 Post by Indigo »

@Speechie How are you feeling? I hope a little better. You can't breath out your nose because of dry blood?

trossi

#27 Post by trossi »

I had my surgery a week ago
havent updated because i've been having a rough week.
here are my before and after pics

not feeling great but i'll update more later

speechie

#28 Post by speechie »

@indigo. I'm feeling much better now(Day 11) . I think the difficulty from breathing has been due to the swelling and trauma to the midface area from surgery, as well as blood and mucous drainage. I'm been staying on top of things with saline spray, and cleaning my nostrils out, so that has helped.

ecoyle22

#29 Post by ecoyle22 »

hello everyone

how is everyone doing?
i have just joined this site :) im boooked in for surgery on the 31st in Scotland

i have also tried to join the fb page

Indigo

#30 Post by Indigo »

I'm happy to hear you're feeling better Speechie. My day is tomorrow... :}