Post op and struggling hard.

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

scraggy

Re: Post op and struggling hard.

#31 Post by scraggy »

Ty boosles8

I feed up of telling them all the do is get me to lose a day wage. Wobble my jaw say yes it's lose I see you in two weeks.

We had the cat put down today she was 18 months old. My mum is devastated it's cost a little under 3'000 pounds to treat her. We were told she was poisoned on antifreeze. If I get my hands on the people who have done this, just say there be sorry. I have a feeling who it might be.

What I do is she my ortho on Friday and get him to put pressure on the surgeon.

scraggy

#32 Post by scraggy »

Ok so I can't cope with this pain xnd constant movement of my jaw.
So today I rang up the surgeon PA and screamed and shouted that this is not right I need something doing about it.

So after her telling me there is no appointment before the 28th and nothing she can do.
Ok I said I contact my layer and see what he says maybe he can get get me treated quicker and send the bill to my surgeon.

Quess what he can now see me Monday morning. It's a miracle how an appointment came out of no where.

Good job the lady didn't know that I don't have a layer and the fact I'm like this is my body fault not the surgeons.

So now just have to wait to see what he does on Monday.

It now hurts and moves when I brush my teeth and walk downstairs . I can no longer eat more than 5 spoonful of soup cos it hurts and got pain in my jaw joints by the ears. Also a constant headache.

Roll on Monday.

sirwired

#33 Post by sirwired »

Wow. I know doctor's offices are busy, and often backed up for a while, but the nursing staff should know enough to know that severe pain over a month after the surgery is over is totally not normal. And that movement, while not unheard of at this point, isn't going to go away all by it's lonesome self.

scraggy

#34 Post by scraggy »

It suck sirwired but I'm on the NHS so where it only me I worried about my surgeon has over 200 case to see to.

Just really hope he will operate to stablize my jaw within the next month. I know it sounds silly but I want to be able to eat a Christmas dinner with family and not be a miserable person who can't eat anything.

It been 6weeks but could be months if I not going to get the operation this year.

BracketBaring

#35 Post by BracketBaring »

Damn dude, that really sucks. It's really a shame the way your doctor has treated you. My doc has been the complete opposite. He saw me once a week in his office for the first 7 weeks after surgery. One day, during week 6, I had a sudden increase in swelling and he immediately had me come into his office after normal office hours, took a pan x-ray, did an exam, and then prescribed me some antibiotics. He even gave me his personal cell number to call after hours if I needed, and then personally called me a few days later to see how I was doing. Now granted, he went above and beyond what most surgeons will do, but the least this guy can do is get you in for an earlier appointment.

scraggy

#36 Post by scraggy »

Hi bracketbaring I'm so pleased your surgeon was good to you.

I wish I was private then this problem would be solved straight away, but it's been 3 and half weeks I've had this problem I haven't even had an x ray to see what's going on. All they ever say is come back in a couple of weeks.

I can't cope with it. Just Want to scream and shout.

I'm going to ask my ortho to do x rays tomorrow at least then they will be in my records. Hopefully he will do that for me. Fingers crossed.

My left side of jaw now moves up, down and side to side. One moment I have my bite I swallow my bite goes. Swallow again it comes back.

I dont think no amount of time is ever going to heal it without an op to help it.

scraggy

#37 Post by scraggy »

Ok so went to the ortho, told him how frustrated I am with the whole thing.

He said there was nothing he could do and only time will tell if it will heal or not.

If I do need an operation he doesn't think it will be anytime soon but said I really had to speak to the surgeon.

I don't think these understand what emotional effects that this is having on me. It's leaving me very detached and depressed.

It the not know if I had some kind of time line to how things will go I would feel better not know what there planning leaves my imagination to believe I be like this for months.

I have an appointment in with ortho now on 12 November.

Guess I won't be seeing anyone this Christmas.

scraggy

#38 Post by scraggy »

Truth, the whole truth nothing but the truth.

After acting like a two year old who wants a lolly instead of her dinner. I have finally been heard.
I had x- rays done today and the surgeon said he now thinks the reason the bones have not healed is because I had a low level infection.

Now he wants to operate on Thursdays the 31 to remove all support plates he put in. Then will band me shut, then leave it a few weeks for the infection which is now medium level to go. So he can put a big plate in to cover the entire brake.

So finally I have got some where its now a 10 day count down to my next operation. It won't be a big one so he said I will be home the same day.

I feel so much better now they are listening to me instead of me thinking it's all in my head. Finally we have a plan of action. Yay.

Let's just hope they dont cancel or postpone my operation.

sirwired

#39 Post by sirwired »

I am glad you finally got to see your surgeon and he thinks he's found the problem. It sucks about needing new fixation and getting banded shut, but it's certainly better than your arch floating around your mouth.

scraggy

#40 Post by scraggy »

Ty sirwired.,

It dose suck big time but I'm so so so pleased they are doing something about it now.

It it strange that he has not given me antibiotics.

scraggy

#41 Post by scraggy »

9 days to go till my second operation to remove the plates.

What I don't get it why I'm not coping with this. All I do is cry all the time I don't want to go out. I can't talk with people not cos of my haw but I don't have anything to say to them. I can't engage in conversation with anyone.

I don't have the energy to work I'm so tired all the time but I can't sleep. Everything feels like I'm falling apart. Not sure of what or why I'm upset about.

Just wished I knew when this was going to end.

sirwired

#42 Post by sirwired »

If you have an active infection, that can throw your whole body for a loop; that, combined with the bone that isn't healing, your nutrition likely not being great, and how long it's been since your surgery, and I don't think anybody can blame you for being an emotional wreck.

Norrie

#43 Post by Norrie »

I think that you've very likely depressed, because you've had surgery, which is a physical trauma, your body is fighting an infection (WHY is there no antibiotic involved? That makes no sense), and you haven't been heard by the people who are supposed to be helping you. It's really no wonder that you're feeling withdrawn and depressed.

My guess is that it is situational depression, and that once you can tell that you're on the path of healing, you'll be feeling a lot better. Until then, find one friend who will really listen, and tell them how you're feeling. Explain that you're feeling needy, and ask if they'll provide a lot of support over the next few weeks.

I know that you've got to be tired of advocating for yourself by now, but I would call your surgeon's office and ask why you don't have an antibiotic if there's an infection.

Vantwins

#44 Post by Vantwins »

Wow, I'm so sorry you are going through this. I had a botched SARPE surgery last year, and it was very depressing. I've switched to the best of the best surgeon now and he is SO much better. It'll be expensive and I may be paying it off for years, but I finally realized...this is my face and mouth we are talking about!!! It has to work! So, I know you've got financial concerns, but please PLEASE find out who is the TOP maxiofacial surgeon in your area and get a second opinion. Do NOT go back into surgery with a doctor who already messed up without getting a second opinion first. It's worth paying out of pocket for the peace of mind.

Good luck,
Vanessa

scraggy

#45 Post by scraggy »

Hi vantwins,

I'm so sorry you had such a bad time with your surgery.

I dont think my surgeon is to blame for what's wrong with my jaw. I think it my body and my bad diet which has cause my bones not to heal.

As for changing the surgeon I'm with the NHS I haven't got a choice to change for a different one.
The most problems I'm having is getting action done. The hospital doctors over here in my area are very much " come back in a month if it not better will do test then. It can take months just to see a doctor in there given field. It does get frustrating but it's free and they do offer really good care. There just very over stretched.

As for me I no longer get out of bed and are planning to stay that way till I go in for my op on Thursday.

Don't have the energy to do anything anymore.