Wilckodontics on Monday....here we go!!!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lalcharlie

Re: Wilckodontics on Monday....here we go!!!

#31 Post by lalcharlie »

Wow! And WOW!!!! :shock:
Amazing results within that timescale. I had SARPE in March, braces fitted this week and and expecting a much lengthier process (double jaw surgery too).
You must be thrilled with your new smile, it's just gorgeous :jump:

TheProfessor

#32 Post by TheProfessor »

Amazing results!!! :jump: :jump: :jump:
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

dkaraci

#33 Post by dkaraci »

Great results! Congratulations :thumbsup:
I almost cancelled my wilckodontics surgery after reading how much pain you experienced!! :shock: :shock: My husband talked me back into it :) I had the surgery yesterday, so far so good. No pain but I am quite swollen. They gave me Tylenol 3 but I did not even take them (yet!).
I talked to 4 different people who had the procedure, and they all said there was no pain. The doctor's office said there is 'usually' no pain with this procedure. It is only day 2 but I am hoping it will go smoothly.
Good luck with the rest of treatment! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dantocanada

#34 Post by dantocanada »

Thanks for your post dkaraci. I hope for your sake you sail through recovery with little pain, although the pain didn't start for me until around Day 3, and unfortunately (as you know from reading my story) Tylenol 3 didn't work...I had to use Percocet to get any relief. Did you have both upper and lower arches done?

dkaraci

#35 Post by dkaraci »

I did both upper and lower gums. They removed the soft tissue on my gums and added bone underneath. It is now day 4, I have significant bruising on my chin and both of my eyes -- almost black. :cry: :cry: They said it will heal in 10 days but honestly I don't see how that is gonna happen.:? I am covering my face with a scarf so it is not so bad for my family. The swelling is going down slowly.

I still don't have pain but some 'discomfort' due to braces.

I have a lot of spacing between my teeth due to some missing teeth, also a class III jaw, which is not very prominent but it complicates the treatment. With this surgery, the treatment time is 12 months (without surgery it was 3-4 years!!).

Thanks for good wishes :) I am looking forward to having all these bruises gone.