Updated everyones arguing over me - oops

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Andantae

#76 Post by Andantae »

WOW!!! Your bite looks awesome! THANK GOODNESS you finally have a date getting the plate out. On the upside, 4 weeks away is 4 more weeks of the bone healing before they remove the plate.

Are the stronger anitbiotics working a litter better for you?

Also, just curious, are your elastics doing other things than just keeping your jaw stationary at this point? In other words, has your ortho resumed working on your teeth while you are waiting?
Braced 5-30-07 for 18-24 months
In-Ovation Uppers, Metal Lowers, TPA upper arch, Lower Lingual arch, no elastics.
100% Deep Bite, Crowding, Over Extrusion
BSSO & Genio surgery June 4th '08!

"Truth is a bully we all pretend to like." Gregory David Roberts -SHANTARAM

loulou123

#77 Post by loulou123 »

Thanks Alex, im very very happy with my teeth :D makes the bad bits easier to cope with.

Rach, i was quite impressed with the speed of the appointment too. Mr W was actually gonna come in on his annual leave to take it out the week before (yep i was shocked too) but couldnt get a space in theatre that week, so it had to be the 14th.

Andantae, Thanks about the bite, im well pleased. Yep need all the extra weeks for some healing, they wouldnt take the plate out for a minimun of 12 weeks and itll be 13 weeks when they remove it.

The stronger antibiotics are working out pretty ok, the swelling has gone down abit, but its still there :roll: but the surgeon seems to think thats goning to stay there till the plates gone now.

The elastics are just for stability, they were placed there by the surgeon not the ortho, after the tight bands were removed. My ortho treatment started again at about 5 weeks after op. So far ive had powerchains top and bottom at the front, and the bottom archwire changed-which wasnt very nice to be honest.

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

loulou123

#78 Post by loulou123 »

Update 1st may swelling came back as soon as stopped taking antibiotics :roll: and is now as big as ever!

Ok i seem to have started a very unintentional fight between my surgeon and orthodontist :shock: (verbally its not like there punching each other!!)

Went for an ortho app today and told my ortho that the plate removal had been scheduled, (to this my ortho made a comment about the surgeon, i didnt really hear, but it obviously wasnt good) apart from that pretty rountine app, had bottom archwire changed (again)

As i was about to leave, i mentioned id booked a last minute flight to Dublin on tuesday, and the ortho said with the swelling i should get someone to look at my face to check im ok to fly :? which i found strange as know people on here, who have flown much quicker. But she explained was the swelling that was an issue, not the surgery 11 weeks ago, and that i should have some more antibiotics.

Anyway i then had to wait to see the surgeon, who came in and said "well it might cause you extra pain to fly, but what can i do about that" i explained that it was the ortho that, had made me see him, and not me being a wimp or anything. He basically said that if i wanted to fly it wouldnt harm me, but may cause me pain, so its my choice. He then went off to have a word wih my ortho about diagnosing his patients.

Is it just me or after all ive been through is his attitiude abit out of order? I know my ortho thinks so and has said things to this effect many times over the last 11 weeks. So now there both moaning about each other!

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

loulou123

#79 Post by loulou123 »

Ive wondered the same thing meryaten-i know for a fact before me he had a 100% perfect track record with these ops. Hed never had any plate removals or nerve damage etc. So i cant help thinking hes just abit miffed that now his records not so squeaky clean-hardly my fault! :roll:

Yep more antibiotics eventually.

Arvensis

#80 Post by Arvensis »

Least they could do is to don mexican wrestling outfits, and have the fight in a giant pit of jelly (jell-o)
OH goody! I was wondering what I was going to do with all the extra jello I have here from the last year (my wisdom tooth removal + all of husband's wisdom teeth out + braces + Jaw Surgery = lots and lots of jello)!!! :lol:
[8 Months, 4 days with Braces]
Braces off 4/17/2008 - Rockstar!

Before and After.