SARPE Help

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JenNicole

SARPE Help

#1 Post by JenNicole »

Hello All! It has been a while since I have been on here, but it has been a while since I've had much progress. I am noticing something w/ my teeth that I haven't seen with other folks SARPE. I just had my power chain place on Thursday. My central incisors are definetely closing up, however my lateral incisors are developing quite the space between the central. Anyone have this problem? Check out the space, I've only had the chain on for 3 days. Any ideas on this being a good or bad thing? [img][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/J ... ces112.jpg[/img][/img]

Brandyleigh35

#2 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Hey Jenn
I wouldn't worry too much about it. My ortho told me that "space is my friend" I was rather distrustful about that whole thing when I started seeing them, but have come to find that he is totally right. They can close gaps really quickly and once you get to a place where they are putting the bigger wires on. you will be amazed at how fast your teeth will change. The spaces will be closed, and your teeth will line up nicely. I had similar spaces on my right side at my last appointment. I was like "What the heck is going on here" but they put a powerchain on the full arch, and it has closed up nicely and FAST! Aside from my left canine that is still a bit rotated, my teeth are looking amazing. Sometimes it really seems like it is one step forward and 3 steps back, but you will be amazed at how your ortho with just a simple wire change or a different powerchain can make up those 3 steps backward really quickly.

Try and relax about it and let your doctor do his job. Most of them really do know what they are doing....LOL...

Brandy

fran1971

#3 Post by fran1971 »

I have the same thing. I know mine was due to the fact that once my expansion was done my upper teeth were off center from my bottom ones, so as the gap between my front teeth closed; it would open up other spaces . My ortho just keeps putting a longer power chain on at each appointment until they move all of my teeth around until all the spaces close... No Big Deal........LOL :P

JenNicole

#4 Post by JenNicole »

I guess that would make since on alligning my top and bottom mid-line. It is over a whole tooth off. I didn't think about that. I was thinking my teeth were just stuck back there. :)

Brandy your teeth look amazing!! I can't believe how far you have come since February. I am praying that I have such quick movement from my teeth. I'm glad you made a decision on wether to have your surgery in Dec. or this spring. I would have a tough time making that call.

Thanks for the advice. I didn't notice anyone's pics having that kind of space...but as long as I'm not the only one that is good news to me.