So it begins!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lillers

So it begins!

#1 Post by Lillers »

Well, I'm all aflutter right now.

All this time I've been going along anticipating lower jaw surgery sometime in mid to late January, which has seemed like a lifetime away, and then this morning I get a phone call from my surgeon's office informing me that my surgery date will in fact be December 18 – just over a month away! No Xmas turkey for me this year. It suddenly feels so overwhelmingly REAL...

Good luck to all of you whose dates are even sooner than mine. Sending good vibes and wishes your way!
Braced March 2005 (lower); November 2005 (upper); all ceramic. Goal = correcting overbite.

Lower jaw surgery was successfully performed December 18, 2006.

Svensk Tiger

#2 Post by Svensk Tiger »

That's great news! The time will just fly by so make sure you start eating lots of lovely things while you can :D
Metal upper and lower: 6th Sep. 2005
Quad helix in: 1st Dec. 2005
Quad Helix out: 31st March 2006
Surgery (upper/lower/genio): 11th Nov. 2006
Braces off: 17th March 2007
Under chin liposculpture and fat transplant to cheeks: 20th October 2007

Lillers

#3 Post by Lillers »

Thanks for the moral support! Good luck to you, Svensk Tiger – you must be running around like mad these days getting ready! I'll be sure to follow your progress.
And at least it's far enough ahead of the holidays that you should be able to be off the prescription painkillers in time to enjoy some of the holiday spirit :-88
Cheers to that, Meryaten! :-88
Braced March 2005 (lower); November 2005 (upper); all ceramic. Goal = correcting overbite.

smile2006

#4 Post by smile2006 »

Good luck with it. The next month will fly by. Make sure to eat all your favorite Christmas treats before the 18th.....especially if you are a cookie freak like me!!!!!

Svensk Tiger

#5 Post by Svensk Tiger »

Lillers wrote:Thanks for the moral support! Good luck to you, Svensk Tiger – you must be running around like mad these days getting ready! I'll be sure to follow your progress.
And at least it's far enough ahead of the holidays that you should be able to be off the prescription painkillers in time to enjoy some of the holiday spirit :-88
Cheers to that, Meryaten! :-88
Thanks! I'm planning on being on here telling all as soon as I'm out of hospital :D
Metal upper and lower: 6th Sep. 2005
Quad helix in: 1st Dec. 2005
Quad Helix out: 31st March 2006
Surgery (upper/lower/genio): 11th Nov. 2006
Braces off: 17th March 2007
Under chin liposculpture and fat transplant to cheeks: 20th October 2007

hoca

#6 Post by hoca »

You may still be able to enjoy some Christmas dinner. I had my surgery (BSSO, etc) a week before Thanksgiving, and still managed to join in. I just ate tiny tiny bites of turkey mixed in with mashed potatoes, gravey and stuffing. Did it look pretty, nope. But after all the hospital soup, it tasted damned good.

Good luck!

csblackburn

surgery date

#7 Post by csblackburn »

Good luck with the surgery, Lillers. I still have a while to go before I get a surgery date (like sometime next Millennium). You'll be surprised how fast the time will go, I'm sure. I can't believe I've had braces for 14 months already myself.

There is a bright side to a December surgery date. Just think, all those people will be gaining weight around Christmas, then looking to lose it in the new year. You won't have to worry about that.

I wish you all of the best.

Cary
Got braces? http://www.igotbraces.com
The orthodontic and orthognathic surgery support forum for everyone.

nvcarissa

#8 Post by nvcarissa »

Good luck Lillers! The time is going to go by so quickly, and the end result will be so worth it. Try not to stress too much!

LOL to Cary's comment above!

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

Lillers

Re: surgery date

#9 Post by Lillers »

Just think, all those people will be gaining weight around Christmas, then looking to lose it in the new year. You won't have to worry about that.
LOL, fellow Vancouverite! Must admit, I'm as vain as the next person, so yeah, that thought had occurred to me. And if this pissy weather continues, oh well... I won't have to be out in it! :lol: Any news yet on your OR date, Cary? What do you have to have done?

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone.