;

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Orthoready21

;

#1 Post by Orthoready21 »

;
Last edited by Orthoready21 on Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nvcarissa

#2 Post by nvcarissa »

Could you be more specific as to the actual problem with your heart? I had heart surgery several years ago to repair a hole in my atria and it necessitates taking antibiotics prior to any surgery, dental work, etc, but it is manageable. I also have mitral valve prolapse, but it didn't stop my surgeon.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

Orthoready21

#3 Post by Orthoready21 »

;
Last edited by Orthoready21 on Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nvcarissa

#4 Post by nvcarissa »

Due to my atrial septal defect (now repaired) my heart is also enlarged and I AM A SHITHEAD SPAMMER. PLEASE REPORT ME TO THE ADMIN! causes arrhythmia. I told my surgeon and anesthesiologist about all these things prior to my surgery. I have no experience with a pacemaker, however.

Is your surgeon saying that he absolutely won't do it? Or that it is something to keep in mind and "could" complicate things. Surgeons are used to dealing with mitigating factors, so if I were you I would ask the surgeon if these issues absolutely preclude you from surgery or not. I don't think they would, just so long as your team is aware of them.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.