De-Banded!! Im FINALLY done :) Final before and after pics!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jsenigaglia

De-Banded!! Im FINALLY done :) Final before and after pics!

#1 Post by jsenigaglia »

Such a happy, happy day for me yesterday. My 5 year, 2 surgery bout is over! I couldnt be any happier with the outcome. I am STOKED to say the very least. I could not have gotten through all of this without all of you guys on this board. Thanks to every last one of you for the help, thoughts, prayers, and support through the journey. It was bad at some points, but after all is said and done, it is the most satisfying thing in the ENTIRE WORLD :) Here are my final before and after pics. My ortho is absoultley thrilled with the outcome considering the starting point :)

Thanks again everyone!!

Cheers,

Joe

BillN

#2 Post by BillN »

Wonderful results Joe ... congratulations!

maryjay

#3 Post by maryjay »

your smile is amazing!!! congrats! :banana:

Delag

#4 Post by Delag »

OMG! Your result is nothing less than fantastic!

Manicmomma

#5 Post by Manicmomma »

Wow...very nice! I know you have to be so happy! Keep smiling! 8)

edinburger

#6 Post by edinburger »

Excellent results - congratulations!

Happysmiler

#7 Post by Happysmiler »

That is amazing, you must be sooooo pleased - thanks for the pics, they are a huge encouragement to us just beginning

Happysmiler

MazingerZ

#8 Post by MazingerZ »

Such pretty teeth! Congrats.

anabel

#9 Post by anabel »

Awesome!
Braces on July 2005
Upper/Lower/Genio July 2006
Braces off June 2007

Brandyleigh35

#10 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Wow Great Smile!
You look terrific! You must be thrilled! Ahh....the miracles of jaw surgery! Aren't they great???

Brandy

Lillers

#11 Post by Lillers »

Big congrats, Joe -- you look fabulous!

:jump: :thumbsup: :jump: :thumbsup: :jump: :thumbsup:
Braced March 2005 (lower); November 2005 (upper); all ceramic. Goal = correcting overbite.

Lower jaw surgery was successfully performed December 18, 2006.

phil

#12 Post by phil »

Joe,

You look incredible! It gives me hope--I'm a Class III as well (about 13 mm discrepancy). I can't wait until mine is all over--hopefully in the summer of 2008.

Congratulations on passing this major milestone.

Phil

bbsadmin

#13 Post by bbsadmin »

You look FABULOUS, and so HAPPY! I hope you are doing something to celebrate this terrific milestone!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Mart

#14 Post by Mart »

Beautiful pie hole you have there! but seriously congratulations, your smile looks really natural! out of curiousity any numbness still loitering?

jsenigaglia

#15 Post by jsenigaglia »

First off, big thank yous to everyone for all of your encouraging/kind comments. I remember going into all of this in November, and it seemed like the day of this all being over with would never, ever come. Time flew by, and Im finally done! :) Ive been a crazy person about my retainers too, so there wont be any worries for me relapsing, haha.

To answer your question Mart, yes I do still have numbness.

Just to clarify, I had LeFort I, and a BSSO.

Im finally getting all of the feeling back in my teeth, but my chin is still about 1/2 numb. If you were to draw a line straight down my chin, the right side is still numb. Everywhere else though (my cheeks, upper lip, nose area) is back to normal.

To be honest, I have gotten used to it, so if it werent ever to come back, it wouldnt be a big deal. My whole fear was not being able to feel my tounge (for obvious reasons as eating, drinking, etc) but it is fine, and now that it has been about 5 months, the other numbness feels normal. Not that I am settling, but if it stayed this way, I wouldnt care. At any rate, my ROM is back to normal (where it was prior to surgery) and my diet has completley returned. First thing I ate after my braces came off was Corn on the Cob. You forget how good some foods are. It was amazing!! I was stoked to say the least!!

Talk to you all soon!

Cheers,

Joe

Oh, and by the way, somebody mentioned to me in an email that this was kind of a "gloating" post. I never intended to hurt anyones feelings, or make it seem like "haha, Im done and you guys arent". I have been posting my progress the whole way (much like a lot of us), so yeah, I hope nobody took it this way. If I upset/offended any of you, Im truly sorry! :(