Weight Loss

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JuicyB

Weight Loss

#1 Post by JuicyB »

I'm getting orthognathic surgery within three months and I am worried about weight loss. I am 5'3, 110lbs. I do not want to lose any more weight and am trying to gain weight if anything. Can anyone tell me how much wait they approximately loss

Gem

#2 Post by Gem »

I am 4 weeks post op. My OS and ortho estimated my weight loss at 10 lbs and the literature they gave me said to expect a 10% weight loss which for me would be 13lbs. I had a Lefort 1 and genioplasty done on April 26 and so far have only lost 7lbs. I have 4 more weeks of " no chewing" . The weight isn't dropping as fast as they made it seemed but I seem to be doing a decent job with my nutrition such that I don't feel like I am being starved. In the morning I have Carnation instant breakfast, lunch is a boost/ensure/smoothie and for dinner I have a pureed soup with a dessert.

kate0310

#3 Post by kate0310 »

Im 6 weeks post-op, from BSSO, Lefort 1, and Genio- and ive only been eating non-liquids for a week...and I didn't lose any weight. I even WANTED to and I didnt. Its not hard to get the nutrition if you do a bit of planning beforehand of your groceries.

I maybe lost 2-3 pounds at one point, and I've been doing 30min cardio everyday too. So I wouldn't worry! :)

ohmyjaw

#4 Post by ohmyjaw »

I am 5'5'' and 105lbs. I think I may have lost a couple of pounds after surgery, but I got them back pretty quick. I was on a liquid diet for 10 days after surgery, and during that time I really did not get enough food into me. However, once I was able to, I started eating like there was no tomorrow, so I was probably back to normal weight at about three weeks post-op.

JuicyB

Thanks Everyone

#5 Post by JuicyB »

Thanks to everyone for your replies. They really helped me out a lot.
My surgery was supposed to be next month, august 07 but it has been pushed back to either september or october. : ( I can't wait any longer.
I'll put pre-op and post-op pics once it happens. Take care everyone

HighandLo

#6 Post by HighandLo »

Juicy,

I had the exact same dilemma. I had finally gained 8 pounds, but then lost it all after my surgery. I am slowly gaining it back, though. My problem is that I don't eat a lot at once becasue I feel full quickly, so I have to eat several small meals. I think alternating sweet and salty foods helps. I absolutely could not drink any more shakes/sweet drinks/ice cream without some mashed potatoes thrown in somewhere. :wink: I did soups, too but the calories didn't help much.

Lo

asd

#7 Post by asd »

Hiya, im 4 weeks post op, i dont know how much it is in lb's but i lost just over half a stone, in just a week!! But i quickly gained it back and am almost back to my normal weight. Im 5'3 and was originaly just under 7 stone and went to just over 6 stone! I think i have a high metabalism though. Good luck, look 4ward 2 seeing your pre n post pics xx

chillin-in-grilz

#8 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Holy cow! I am 5'3 as well, I wish I was that small. I am 140
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

asd

#9 Post by asd »

How many Lb's in a stone, is it 14?