sore throat

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

victoriaaa18

sore throat

#1 Post by victoriaaa18 »

help guys!
i've only got 2 weeks to go for surgery but my throat's starting to hurt REALLY bad, I'm soo thirsty (first sign to me of a throat problem) I've drank 4 litres of water today & I'm still thirsty. I'm getting worried as my pre-op's on wednesday & if I have a sore throat I know the surgery will be cancelled..right? I'm prone to throat infections last november I had tonsillitis, glandular fever & an abscess in my right tonsil all at the same time
can anyone give me advice of how to prevent this? I've been taking vit c supplements as well... ugh this is so typical!
thanks victoria x

nvcarissa

#2 Post by nvcarissa »

If it were me, I'd get myself to a doctor as fast as I could and see if I need antibiotics.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

kate0310

sore throat

#3 Post by kate0310 »

ok my combo for killing the sore throat if its viral:
Echannacia + Goldenseal
OIL OF OREGANO (miracle worker)
Vitamin C
Zinc Lozenges

youve got the Vit C already, so go to a healthfood store for the rest. This should kill it. Good Luck!!!

Delag

#4 Post by Delag »

...but make sure you check with your OS before you take ANYTHING. My OS has a laundry list of things to avoid before surgery, including asprin and fish oil.