Few questions..

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Renden

Few questions..

#1 Post by Renden »

I got my date in, 15th August (should have been 2 weeks ago, aye im pissed at the delay).

The thing is, i start University in mid-September and the most recover time i can afford is 5 weeks. After 5 weeks will i be able to go and enjoy my experience at University (drinking etc).

I'm seriously thinking of taking a year out and coming back to my degree in a years time.

ohmyjaw

#2 Post by ohmyjaw »

You didn't mention what surgery you're having done, but I'm sure you'll be fine to go back to University! I had both jaws operated on and I was fine after 3 weeks.

Renden

#3 Post by Renden »

Aye, my bad I'm stupid lol

I'm having double jaw surgery, top forward and bottom back.

ohmyjaw

#4 Post by ohmyjaw »

I am sure you will be ready to go to university after five weeks or less. Just take good care of yourself before and after surgery. Eat healthy, even if you have to put everything in a blender. Ice your face for the first couple of days. Drink lots of water and get out for a walk each day.

You might have a bit of swelling even after 5 weeks, but usually it is minimal.

victoriaaa18

#5 Post by victoriaaa18 »

hey I had the exact same surgery just 2 weeks ago, the swelling's still apparent & will take a couple more weeks to go down, other than that I'm completely fine I'm eating solids & no longer get tired easy, so I think 5 weeks is a bit excessive..I'm sure you'll be fine by freshers week, you really don't want to miss that!
hope I've helped
victoria x

AndyH

#6 Post by AndyH »

Five weeks will be tonnes of time. I am on day 10 post op and my best mate's 21st is tomorrow so I will be out and about for that. I only had single jaw surgery but if I can go out after 11 days I'm sure you'll be fine after 5 weeks. However I will be taking it easy tomorrow night, I have a tendancy to drink to much and connect with the pavement pretty reguarly :lol:

Out of interest which uni are you going to?

Renden

#7 Post by Renden »

AndyH wrote:Five weeks will be tonnes of time. I am on day 10 post op and my best mate's 21st is tomorrow so I will be out and about for that. I only had single jaw surgery but if I can go out after 11 days I'm sure you'll be fine after 5 weeks. However I will be taking it easy tomorrow night, I have a tendancy to drink to much and connect with the pavement pretty reguarly :lol:

Out of interest which uni are you going to?
Glasgow Caledonian