Sensitive Teeth

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pokergirl

Sensitive Teeth

#1 Post by pokergirl »

In the last several days my teeth have become very, very sensitive to cold, which is cutting down on my milkshake intake. :( Has anyone else experienced this? Does it have something to do with regaining feeling back in my lip area?

HeatherLynn

#2 Post by HeatherLynn »

Hi Pokergirl! I had BSSO & Genio on Sept. 28th and I just told my mom how sensitive my teeth have been. They almost feel like I have cavities. Then it passes. It has been different teeth too! I saw my surgeon this week and forgot to ask about it. I'm sure it is all part of healing.

ohmyjaw

#3 Post by ohmyjaw »

I have the same thing. (I had surgery back in March). I thought I had a cavity or something, but my orthodontist can find nothing wrong and thinks it has something to do with the nerves healing.

pokergirl

#4 Post by pokergirl »

I quit putting ice in any of my drinks and now I've got to let it get to room temperature before I can drink anything out of the fridge. I guess I should call my OS to see if there's something I need to do. This pain is worse than anything I had from my surgery.

dubnobass

#5 Post by dubnobass »

Heh, yes! I was going to post about this. Many of my teeth have felt this way in the last few days, and this has coincided with regaining feeling on the inside of my gums and the roof of my mouth. I'm sure it's to do with nerve regeration. If only they gave off nice soothing warm feelings instead of stabby pains when they regrow, huh?
Braced May 2005
Bimaxillary surgery Aug 2007
Debraced Jun 2008

Brandyleigh35

#6 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Yep...same here too. I had about a week or two where I couldn't drink any smoothies or milkshakes as it was killing me. Alas...it did pass though, and now I can drink them again no problem.

Oh...and I did get more feeling back in my palate and teeth after it all passed.

Brandy

Supermax

#7 Post by Supermax »

This is actually comforting to know in a way!! :? I've actually booked an appointment with my dentist next week because two of my lower teeth (on my numb side) are killing me, especially when I brush. I'm 6 weeks post op, of course it could be cavities but now I'm hoping that it's just nerve regeneration. Couldn't help thinking what a pain (literally :D ) it is having a cavity now after all of this!!!!