TAD cost

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

seabee

TAD cost

#1 Post by seabee »

I went for two consultations. One ortho quoted me $6800 plus cost of TADs, another ortho quoted $7200 with TADs. I am unsure of which ortho to go with. Can anyone tell me how much TADs are? I believe I just need the small one that gets screwed into the gums. I live in Canada.

badbite

#2 Post by badbite »

What is TADS?

RPE in on Jan 7, 2008
SARPE on Jan 11, 2008 expanded 7 mm
RPE out on May 14, 2008

seabee

#3 Post by seabee »

they are temporary anchorage devices.

Steph-in-WI

#4 Post by Steph-in-WI »

My husband had to have a TAD, it was put in by an oral surgeon. I think it was around US $300. I was originally going to have 4 of them for my upcoming surgery, but now it looks like I might not have them. The rate my OS submitted to my insurance company was around $250 per TAD. But that is in the U.S., I don't know if rates could be different in Canada
See my complete braces and jaw surgery story at www.mycorrectivejawsurgery.blogspot.com

JayC

#5 Post by JayC »

You need TAD's even with your braces.. or are you guys just getting the jaw surery wiht no orthodontic treatment? cuz dont they use the hooks ont he braces ? my ortho just clamped posts on my archwire

seabee

#6 Post by seabee »

I need to get a TAD on each of my lower jaw plus braces. I am missing a premolar on each side of my mouth and the ortho needs to move the roots of the other molars upright.

Steph-in-WI

#7 Post by Steph-in-WI »

I do have orthodonics as well, my OS was going to put the TADS in during my surgery, but I believe now he may just wire to the bone. So to answer your question, yes, I do have orthodontics.
See my complete braces and jaw surgery story at www.mycorrectivejawsurgery.blogspot.com

martindw

#8 Post by martindw »

I will soon be getting two TADS installed (eh, drilled into my head). They each cost $400 for a total of $800.

I'm told they allow the orthodontist to move a group of several teeth at a once.

The ortho is preparing me for lower jaw surgery (move the lower jaw out). My insurance approved the surgery already.

I will be having 6 teeth extracted in two weeks.

If you have already had TADS installed, please tell me what it was like. Did it hurt? Or, maybe I shouldn't know that.

Luella

#9 Post by Luella »

I'm supposed to have a couple TAD implants placed to upright my lower first and second molars so I can having implant replacements of my lower secind bicuspids that I'm congenitally missing. My ortho quoted me $200 each but my oral surgeon I work for is going to place them for cost (yeay!) I cannot imagine that they're truly that expensive! Shop around! And let me know how it goes if you get yours before I get mine!
~ Luella ~
Oral surgery assistant, Registered Dental Assistant, OMAAP Certified

rosy22

#10 Post by rosy22 »

I am uncertain about the screws, but we had an OD quote us $5000 for braces with the PLATES, which is another type of TAD plus the cost to surgically implant the plates of about $2000. This was to be done by an OS. However we live in high metropolitan area. Can an OD implant the TAS screws?

rosy22

#11 Post by rosy22 »

From what I am reading, it sounds as if the screws might be implanted by OD but plates will probably be OS.