Had my op last Tuesday on both jaws!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LazyBW

Had my op last Tuesday on both jaws!

#1 Post by LazyBW »

Hey. This is my first post but I remember reading this site ages ago when I thought I was going to have the surgery earlier but alas it was not to be!

However, it finally happened last Tuesday and the first few days were absolutely hellish and I was quite depressed with the fact I couldn't help myself drooling :( However, nearly a week in now and I'm feeling a lot better, if very hungry (I could kill for fish and chips!) and still very swollen! Also, I can tell my bite has been properly corrected even if smiling is still very much a no no right now due to pain!

Anyway, my main question to people was how long do you reckon I should wait before starting doing physical exercise? I thought light exercise like running etc would be up to 6 weeks, but more importantly to myself what about playing soccer/football? I'd imagine that would be a longer period of time?

JennX

#2 Post by JennX »

Hey there, LazyBW. I had upper and lower as well, and had been told that I could resume exercise after 5 weeks. At my 5 week appointment, I asked if that meant I could resume playing soccer (not that I felt AT ALL ready for contact sports) and my surgeon looked horrified and said, "Oh, no! No soccer for at least another 6 weeks."

So, according to my surgeon, 5 weeks before resuming jogging and non-contact gym activities, and 11 weeks minimum before getting back on the pitch.