Back froms OS

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Von

Back froms OS

#1 Post by Von »

Well today i visited OS.And he told me that besides the lower jaw setback,i would probably will need the upper jaw brought forward (as i suspected from my research).He said that if i will do only the lower,they will bring it too back,and my face will seem small.All these years i thought only about lower jaw.Now i have in mind upper too.He also noticed and told me that i have none problems with speech,and as i eat normally and don't have any tmj issues,probably i will never have.SO this is pure cosmetic for me.Don't know yet if i will do it

Kerry

#2 Post by Kerry »

if your going to do it at all do it properly, let us know what u decide.
Imagewisdom teeth removed under GA nov07 * Braced 8/2/08 * 2 premolars removed Apr08 * Adjustment 4 rebonding, 4 molar bands & new wire 4/7/08 * 31Jul wire change * 28 Aug last wire fitted and lower powerchain put on. 29th May moulds and x rays. 31st July Surgery date :-)

loulou123

#3 Post by loulou123 »

If they only said youd properly need both, then theres always the chance you may only need one doing after wearing braces. I orginally needed both jaws but after my ortho did such a good job ended up only needing lower. Or you could get a 2nd opinion to see if another surgeon agrees.

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

Von

#4 Post by Von »

I decided what to do.I will visit one more surgeon and ortho.If they too will say that i need double jaw,i will not do it.end.I am doing this for cosmetic reasons,i have no speech problems,nor chewing problems.And the OS i visited said probably i will never have pain and other tmj problems.So if it is only for lower i will go for it.