8 week Lefort 1 question?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lacrosse Mom

8 week Lefort 1 question?

#1 Post by Lacrosse Mom »

Anyone out there that had a Lefort 1? I am 8 weeks post op and having a little trouble with a stuffy nose. I can feel this yucky taste at the back of my mouth. (post sinus drip ?) I'm a little leary of blowing my nose. I just had a check up with my Dr. and he said sometimes the sinuses are inflamed after surgery. He recommended I take sudafed during the day.

Did anyone else experience this?

PJ

#2 Post by PJ »

I had a Lefort 1, and I also had a lot of nasal congestion--I actually got a sinus infection for awhile. I don't see any reason you can't blow your nose at 8 weeks. You may see some funky stuff, but don't be alarmed. It's better to get it out. :) Sudafed is a good idea.

chicago29

#3 Post by chicago29 »

I felt a bit stuffy for up to 6 weeks after my SARPE, but not to the point where I took any medicine for it. It was a LeFort I style SARPE, so it is pretty close to the "standard" upper jaw surgery.

I was able to blow my nose after 2 weeks, but I treaded lightly for up to a month. After that, I just let it go full steam :-)

One thing I'll also note is I had blood discharge in my throat area for the first 6 weeks after surgery. It was a bit unnerving to me, but it was never serious. It finally stopped about about week 6 or week 7. If you notice fresh blood I highly recommend you talk to your OS about it. Having blood in any nasal discharge that late SPAM SPAM SPAMMING is not normal, but it also isn't something to freak out about.

Good Luck and I hope you get "unplugged" soon!

Take Care
Chicago29