St Georges Hospital Tooting NHS

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bleachie

St Georges Hospital Tooting NHS

#1 Post by bleachie »

Hey guys,

I'm 24.

Few days ago I was at Kings College Hospital in London, with a bunch of students and a orthodontist to hopefully great treated for my under-bite on the NHS.

They took some x-rays and asked if I wanted to do something about it. He then said he would send my details to surgeons at St Georges Hospital in Tooting.

I really need advice on the best way to get accepted by the surgeons to get treated. I currently can not chew properly as the wisdom teeth on my left do not line up with my top (over-sided). I have TMJ dysfunction meaning clicking, crunching and jaw locking. Recently for the last 6 months I find closing my mouth uncomfortable as it feels like my teeth are not resting on each other normally and a under-bite which comes forward around 2mm.

Is there anything I should or shouldn't mention to them, so I'm more likely to get accepted for treatment? - Would mentioning my emotional state help?

I have tried 2 years to see the surgeons and I'm emotional and physically drained. I just want to be treated.

Really love this site.

Thanks.

Jac

#2 Post by Jac »

hi bleachie,

i was treated in Northmptonshire & didn't need to say anything special to get treated although it did take ages going through the NHS, originally referred to maxillofacial (Kettering) in 2006 & only just had surgery, they just asked if i wanted to correct my overbite & flat profile, which i did.

BTW i'm gonna be 40 this year so age isn't a concern.

good luck :)

Jac xxx