june crew 2009! how we all doing?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

june crew 2009! how we all doing?

#1 Post by blindboarder2008 »

hey all I know were over 6 months post op but just wondering how you are all doing?
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

Lacrosse Mom

#2 Post by Lacrosse Mom »

Hi blindboarder,

I was part of the June crew but actually had my surgery July 1. Things are going pretty well. I'm still in my braces, but will hopefully have them off in a few months. My midlines are off just a tad so my ortho still wants me in 2 rubber bands in back and one across the front. It's such a pain!!! About a week ago I noticed a bump on my upper gum area. The ortho told me today it might be one of my plates, so I made a follow up with my oral surgeon. I'm a little freaked out. Hopefully it's no big deal. I will have to have an implant when I'm done with braces. So, I hope the journey will end by September. All in all it has been worth it. I would do it again if I had to. How are things going with your recovery?

HokieTay

#3 Post by HokieTay »

I am great and so happy I did this. Of course I wish I would have done it when it was first recommended to me at 15. Would have saved me a lot of time, stress, and money. I got my braces off Oct 2, 2009 and haven't had any issues. I actually have a follow-up ortho appt tomorrow. The only problems I have had and am STILL having are with my insurance company and OS. That has truly been a nightmare, but oh well. I am trying to keep the faith and even if I don't get more money from them it will all be paid off soon.

I can't believe it will have been a year in just 2.5 months!!
Braces first time 12/96-11/99
Braces second time 12/08-10/09
BSSO & Le Fort I 6/15!
Unwired, in elastics, and on soft foods 6/26!!!
Orthodontic elastics 7/21-8/11
Braces off... OCTOBER 2ND, 2009!