Chin reduction surgery, my 1-year update

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

annamarie

Chin reduction surgery, my 1-year update

#1 Post by annamarie »

Hi! I've had a number of messages sent to me via this forum so I figure it's time for a little update. It's almost been 1.5 years since I had my surgery. While I am very happy with the results, the recovery was horrible. Here's a link to my first post that goes into more details: viewtopic.php?t=31135&highlight=
At this point everything is back to 'normal'... I talk fine and nothing hurts. The only thing I notice is that my bottom gums are numb. My lip still feels perfectly normal, thank goodness. So here are some pictures taken at the one year mark. I had rhinoplasty about 6 months after my chin surgery.

Image Image

TwitBerry

#2 Post by TwitBerry »

Hi Annmarie,

Wow! Your final result is impressive! You must be so thrilled. I do believe that this is the first reduction that I have seen where there is an actual reduction of the projection of the chin (as opposed to just a softening or rounding effect). You look fantastic!

I think that you found the right doc for your case. I'm hoping to do the same, but my issues may be a wee bit difficult. Ironically, I started off my surgical-ortho treatment with a recessed lower jaw & an overbite. Post surgery & braces, I now have a slight underbite and very pronounced chin. Apparently, my knucklehead docs completely overlooked my strong chin, along with other details. I would love have my chin reduced, if at all possible, once my bite/jaw issues have been fixed. Please PM me your doc's name when you get a moment.

Thanks for posting your update. It it so great to see this procedure turn out so well.