Having trouble with coughing/ why is my chest yellow?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pricklypear

Having trouble with coughing/ why is my chest yellow?

#1 Post by pricklypear »

Hi all

I'm 6 days post-op and I'm having trouble coughing up mucus/phlegm, etc. When I try to I can feel my chest still congested with them, but they just won't come out. Any suggestions?

Also, my chest has been bruised to yellow/green in colour but my face, jaws, everywhere is fine? is this normal?

Rodney008

#2 Post by Rodney008 »

That seems out of the norm for this surgery. I think I'd follow up with your doctor.

bbsadmin

#3 Post by bbsadmin »

Definitely consult with your doctor. He might tell you to take something like Mucinex to help break up the congestion in your chest so you can cough it out easier. But talk with him first before you do anything.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

ColoradoGirl

#4 Post by ColoradoGirl »

Don't know about the cough, but I had much more bruising on my neck and chest than I did my face, and the doc said that was one normal reaction. My bruising was all yellow/green too.

chicago29

#5 Post by chicago29 »

Follow up with your primary doctor regarding the congestion. However, it is VERY common for the bruising to navigate to the neck and chest around 5 to 7 days post-op. As long as you don't have any pain in that area, I'm sure it is just gravity doing its thing.