Dr Relle at Kaiser Los Angeles is leaving Kaiser.

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pinkgiraffe

Dr Relle at Kaiser Los Angeles is leaving Kaiser.

#1 Post by pinkgiraffe »

Hello,
I just had a consultation with Dr. Relle over at Kaiser. He informed that I am a candidate for jaw surgery. However, by the time I have surgery, he will not be there as he is going over to his private practice full time and leaving Kaiser. =(

I can't afford his private practice cost, and although he accepts PPO, it will still be 15,000 + out of pocket... So I need a Kaiser doc referral.

Anyone have any recommendations or experiences with another Kaiser surgeon in the LA area or close to LA area?

peskywabbit

Re: Dr Relle at Kaiser Los Angeles is leaving Kaiser.

#2 Post by peskywabbit »

Wow, I didn't know he was leaving. He's awesome. Sorry to hear that for your sake. Don't know of any good ones in LA. Just Arnett/Gunson in SLO or Dr Berger in San Diego.

Marisama

#3 Post by Marisama »

Arnett/Gunson are in Santa Barbara

peskywabbit

#4 Post by peskywabbit »

Oh sorry you specified Kaiser doc. No, don't know any good ones in LA, but there probably are. FYI: Stay away from Dr Kim in San Marcos. Dr Londo in San Diego might be allright.

citeeofangels

#5 Post by citeeofangels »

Sad to hear that Dr. Relle is leaving Kaiser :( , he's a great surgeon and will be missed dearly! I just had my jaw surgery with him 2+ weeks ago on 8/12 and I am very pleased but still recovering of course! I've heard many awesome things about him hence why I decided to go with him out of all the docs I've met. Another great Kaiser oral surgeon I met is Dr. Randal Schoeman but he's out @ the OC Anaheim/Kramer Kaiser so might be a drive for you! Dr. Schoeman has done a lot of jaw surgeries too so I'm sure his experience is just as good as Dr. Relle but I hear more reviews about Dr. Relle. My coworker's daughter had her surgery done with Dr. Schoeman and she's very pleased so that's one good review I know of. I also met Dr. Tehrany at LA Kaiser before I knew that Dr. Relle was still at Kaiser since I couldn't find his name in the Kaiser doc locator. Dr. Tehrany seems to be a good doctor too, very nice and thorough but she hasn't been practicing as long Dr. Relle and Dr. Schoeman but I don't doubt her skills, you can try looking up Dr. Tehrany's credentials and see when she graduated, etc. Her name is Gabriella Tehrany @ LA Kaiser and she's one of Dr. Relle's colleagues, she was his partner surgeon when he performed the surgery on me so I think she's great too as I am happy with my results so far. By the way, do you know when Dr. Relle will be leaving Kaiser? Hope I've helped a bit, good luck!

Lyddy

#6 Post by Lyddy »

Hi I'm totally new to this board/group so I hope I'm doing this right. My orthodontist (Dr. Gary Kevorkian in Glendale/north Hollywood) raved so much about a maxillofacial surgeon at Kaiser he works with often named Schwartz that I almost wished I had Kaiser insurance!! Instead, I'll be going to Dr. Raffi Margossian in Burbank. Has anyone heard of him? Thank you!

nineeyes

#7 Post by nineeyes »

Dr. Tehrany along with Dr. Ratner were involved in my surgery a year ago at UCLA and I was really happy with the result. Dr. Tehrany was really nice and helpful in dealing with any of my post-surgery issues and questions. If I had to do it again I wouldn't hesitate to go to her.

mshueh888

Can some help understand this.

#8 Post by mshueh888 »

Hi guys, please help me understand this.

I just got approved for Kaiser individual and family plan with no deductible. I will go to get my braces next friday and my orthodontist recommended me to get a jaw surgery to fix my underbite and tmj. So my question is, do I need to wait for one year, before I notify kaiser (first appointment) or I can go there anytime. I heard there is one year waiting period after you got approved for the health insurance. Otherwise they will say it's a preexisting condition and won't cover the surgery at all. Is that true? Please, anyone has experience with this?

Thanks!