Newbie here- Dr. Gunson and insurance

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lexchomp

Newbie here- Dr. Gunson and insurance

#1 Post by lexchomp »

Just curious for those who have went with Gunson- What insurance does Dr. G accept and what was your insurance plan.

Trying to figure out if i can get the insurance and make it work with Gunson or if I need to go with a cheaper surgeon sans insurance.

Summertimeolive

Re: Newbie here- Dr. Gunson and insurance

#2 Post by Summertimeolive »

I have not WENT w/ Gunson, but consulted w/ him last week he apparently takes NO INSURANCE- have you consulted with him? Im still deliberating if its worth it cost wise since its so on the moon for me :(

They mentioned briefly to me that United Healthcare was the only provider to overall provide the most coverage for surgery around 20k- but i'd imagine thats for EXTREME cases... er

mksi11

#3 Post by mksi11 »

I think there is a misunderstanding, Arnett/Gunson accept insurance but they're not in any insurance network. This is pretty common for most surgeons. What it means is that in your insurance policy it will only be covered under "out of network."

Marisama

#4 Post by Marisama »

That's exaclty right. Dr. Gunson's charges will be billed as out of network rates. Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital is actually in network with United Healthcare so those charges will be covered at in network rates if you are covered for a medically necessary procedure.

Summertimeolive

#5 Post by Summertimeolive »

Ryan are you having/had surgery with the team in Santa Barbara- I was looking at some older posts and noticed you said YES! If so Im looking to connect with some current and potential patients as I feel somewhat alone and Im looking for some insight!

Thanks