Maxillary impaction

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Maxillary impaction

#1 Post by 159061 »

Hi guys I'm new and I'm freakin out!! I have this surgery in one month only this and a genioplasty, so no braces! I actually don't have a gummy smile but I do have lip incompetence and a weak profile. My occlusion won't be changed. Who did anything similar? Please give me any info!!!

Re: Maxillary impaction

#2 Post by 159061 »

Someone!????

ReoSity

#3 Post by ReoSity »

Very unusual that you won't have braces pre-surgery, even if your teeth are in the correct position braces are needed to keep your bite/jaw stable and aligned post-surgery. Will your doc at least have you in braces temporarily during the surgery?

#4 Post by 159061 »

Yes, i will not nave the entirr journey of ortho repositioning, but I will have braces for 2 weeks or so... Do you advice me this surgery???

surusuru

#5 Post by surusuru »

Are you going to do any kind of updating thread or blog to follow your news?
I'm interested in your case. It sounds strange to get surgery without braces treatment. I think I need same surgery soon for my open bite. Do you have open bite?
Good luck.

#6 Post by 159061 »

Actually, I will wear braces but my occlusion will stay the same so I will only have them I for 1/2 weeks. I don't have an open bite. My issues are: long face, receding chin, mentalis strain, lip incompetence. By impacting the maxilla by 5 mm, the mandible will auto rotate forward. I will even have a genioplasty to balance more the face. I will post results and keep you updated, btw I'm male, italian, 20 years old and I'm terrified. Especially I don't know how my girlfriend will react. We are what people say "high school sweethearts" (dunno if this expression exists in English), and I don't want to upset her as she likes me as I am. However I'm doin this for me and I'm determined to go on!!!