Other good surgeons in California??

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

crislopes

Other good surgeons in California??

#1 Post by crislopes »

I will see Arnett in April. Since Im coming from another country, I would like to take the chance to see other surgeons in the area too. Does anyone know Stephen Schendel? Is he a good surgeon? Can you recommend any other surgeons in California?

Thank you so much! This forum has helped a lot

Summertimeolive

Re: Other good surgeons in California??

#2 Post by Summertimeolive »

Im curious about Schendel, I have heard his name thrown around here and there... Let me know if you get more info...

crislopes

#3 Post by crislopes »

Im trying to schedule with Schendel, but they don't reply to my emails. I will try to call when Im there.

Marisama

#4 Post by Marisama »

Schendel's prices are comparable to Arnett/Gunson. Not quite as high, but in the ball park.

crislopes

#5 Post by crislopes »

The reason I was looking for Schendel is because I already had jaw surgery, and my bite is not so bad. So maybe a plastic surgeon can address my complains better than a max fac surgeon. But unfortunately none of the offices he works has answered my emails :(

CaliforniaKid

#6 Post by CaliforniaKid »

crislopes wrote:The reason I was looking for Schendel is because I already had jaw surgery, and my bite is not so bad. So maybe a plastic surgeon can address my complains better than a max fac surgeon. But unfortunately none of the offices he works has answered my emails :(
are you sure your bite is 100%? any surgery, especially a jaw implant or augmentation, can mess with the mechanics of your jaw.

like a broken record, top surgeons in cali specializing in aesthetics+jaw surgery are arnett/gunson. if they say your bite is fine, and cosmetics is the right way to go...that's what i would do. the wont push surgery unless you need it. they dont need the business.

just my 2 cents.

crislopes

#7 Post by crislopes »

Hi Cali, My bite is not 100% and I have some TMJ pain on my right side. Im already seeing Arnett / Gunson in April. But since its a looong trip from where Im coming, I was looking to get another opinion by another good surgeon too in the area to know different approaches to my case.