My ever-shifting surgery plan

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sirwired

My ever-shifting surgery plan

#1 Post by sirwired »

Going in to ortho, my ortho wanted a LeFort and BSSO. The Oral Surgeon said no way could he get both jaws approved by insurance, and he thought a LeFort would be sufficient since my off-kilter chin didn't bother me. During my pre-surgery consult, the OS said he'd have to check the models he just made; he might do lower instead of upper.

Well, I called insurance-lady today to check on the status of my pre-auth, and while I was on the phone, I asked her what he had me down for... *drum roll please!*... Both!

Here's to hoping insurance covers it...

What's recovery time for double-jaw? My job requires me to speak (I'm on the phone for 2-3 hours every day, though not speaking most of the time) but I don't have to lift anything heavier than my laptop, nor do I need to drive. I've already put in for two weeks, (and requested they not send me to visit customers for at least a month), but I'd like to know sooner rather than later if I'll need longer.

Lolasays

Re: My ever-shifting surgery plan

#2 Post by Lolasays »

[quote="sirwired"]Going in to ortho, my ortho wanted a LeFort and BSSO. The Oral Surgeon said no way could he get both jaws approved by insurance, and he thought a LeFort would be sufficient since my off-kilter chin didn't bother me. During my pre-surgery consult, the OS said he'd have to check the models he just made; he might do lower instead of upper.

Well, I called insurance-lady today to check on the status of my pre-auth, and while I was on the phone, I asked her what he had me down for... *drum roll please!*... Both!

Here's to hoping insurance covers it...

What's recovery time for double-jaw? My job requires me to speak (I'm on the phone for 2-3 hours every day, though not speaking most of the time) but I don't have to lift anything heavier than my laptop, nor do I need to drive. I've already put in for two weeks, (and requested they not send me to visit customers for at least a month), but I'd like to know sooner rather than later if I'll need longer.[/quote]

Recovery rates are defferent person to person. However, it is advised to take at least 4 weeks off work/school. Some people may take 3 weeks to recover or even 6.