Nose after double jaw surgery

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

purpleandteal

Nose after double jaw surgery

#1 Post by purpleandteal »

My nose is uneven, I was told there was a risk it may change, but its really quite uneven now. my right nostril is quite obviously higher than the left and the whole nose is ever so slightly twisted now and im not sure my upper lip is even either :0( im really upset about this, im only 16 days post op and still swollen, could the swelling be effecting how wonky i look? has anyone else had there nose look wrong but then settle? im so scared that im going to end up looking worse than when i started this journey

Read all about the fun and games here!!

sirwired

Re: Nose after double jaw surgery

#2 Post by sirwired »

You need to give it quite a lot of time (a couple months) for swelling to settle before you know what your face is going to look like in the end.

Sheffy

#3 Post by Sheffy »

Hi

I'm feeling exactly the same at 4 weeks post op. But I'm sure it will get better. Everyone seems to mention their nose immediately after surgery but not a year on so I'm trying to be optimistic!

Laria

#4 Post by Laria »

I'm 12 weeks postop and my nose is not yet settled. My surgeon said it will come down more.

I know it's hard but we have to try to be patient.

kimnmoody

#5 Post by kimnmoody »

I'm 15 weeks post op and still don't like my nose. Fingers crossed it'll go down more. I'm considering rhinoplasty if I can get the money together.

purpleandteal

#6 Post by purpleandteal »

hmm i didnt get any notifications of replies...
im now almost 6 weeks post surgery, and my right nostril is still noticabley raised, i cant help obsessing over it. im still swollen and feel like a chubby snub nosed little kid and getting really scared im not going to like my face shape after all this.
hows everyone else doing?

Read all about the fun and games here!!

sunnyD

#7 Post by sunnyD »

I'm 5 week post up.

-my face settled nicely so far
-I have residual swelling in the lip/mouth area but nothing noticeable
-I noticed in the first two weeks my nostrils were different sizes mainly because they shove that big tubed through your nose and all the way to your throat but that should settle down.
-my nose seems a little bit croaked but it doesn't bother me but i definitely like my old nose better (way more sharper :( )
-what bothers me the most are my lips since they do not touch at rest and my lower lip shows more of my bottom teeth (I am loathing it oh so much)
-bite is magnificent can't ask for more than that I guess?

I think the best thing to do is give your face a year and see how you like it. I would never consider rhinoplasty... is there such thing as a good nose job???