??????numb face and shaving ??????

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bracedbored

??????numb face and shaving ??????

#1 Post by Bracedbored »

Surgery happening in April. Top and bottom jaw. Surgeon said about numbness on face. Have any lads had a problem with numbness and shaving. Concerned if can't feel properly may not be able to shave right.

ST24085

Re: ??????numb face and shaving ??????

#2 Post by ST24085 »

Even though I'm still at least six months away from surgery, I've thought about this as well. I think my solution will be to use my electric beard trimmer on it's shortest setting, which leaves stubble pretty much, for the first month or so until I can start using a razor again.

sunnyD

#3 Post by sunnyD »

Hello,
shaving will feel weird for the first few weeks but you'll get used to it. Trust me shaving will be the last of your worries during the re-coup process.

sirwired

#4 Post by sirwired »

I had no problem with my electric razor. It felt weird, but it went fine. I don't see why it would be an issue unless you use a blade and often cut yourself.

Slash75

#5 Post by Slash75 »

I tried shaving with a razor after surgery. I wanted break down in tears because of the numbness. The razors would feel like it was just catching my skin and pulling it. I went to walmart and got a 15 dollar electric shaver. It saved my day. Stil felt weird because of the vibration on numb skin though.