TWO revisions?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nyc1002

TWO revisions?

#1 Post by nyc1002 »

Has anyone have to go through not just one, but two revisions for double jaw surgery? My surgeon told me today I would need yet another revision. That would make it 3 surgeries in the span of 5 weeks. I don't know that I trust him anymore. It's so hard to find information on surgeons who do these. Any recommendations for surgeons in the NYC area? Thank you.

heldenoboe

Re: TWO revisions?

#2 Post by heldenoboe »

Hi, I have had two revisions. I had my first surgery (bi-max) and then five months later had a re-do lefort 1. That also relapsed. Now I am back in braces and awaiting my third surgery at the end of this year. The first two surgeries were with the same surgeon. I have a completely new surgeon and orthodontic team for the third. I'm not near NYC, so I can't recommend anyone in the area.

nyc1002

#3 Post by nyc1002 »

[quote="heldenoboe"]Hi, I have had two revisions. I had my first surgery (bi-max) and then five months later had a re-do lefort 1. That also relapsed. Now I am back in braces and awaiting my third surgery at the end of this year. The first two surgeries were with the same surgeon. I have a completely new surgeon and orthodontic team for the third. I'm not near NYC, so I can't recommend anyone in the area.[/quote]

I am so sorry you had to go through that. Are you happy with your new surgeon so far? I'm wrestling with going through the process of finding a new doctor plus added costs, versus going back to the failed surgeon...

boodles8

#4 Post by boodles8 »

I've not been through any revisions, but personally, I'd be on to look for another surgeon whatever the cost. If he can't get it right at two...

You have to be able to chew and talk.
Boodles8

Braced July, 2012
BSSO August, 2013
Debraced October 2, 2014

nyc1002

#5 Post by nyc1002 »

Yes, I'm consulting with other surgeons now, but I am terrified of choosing wrongly again. The surgeon I had my previous two surgeries had seemingly good reviews too...

lissybear22

#6 Post by lissybear22 »

When they do these revisions, do you end up having to fork over more cash?

BrooklynsOwn

#7 Post by BrooklynsOwn »

nyc1002 Who did the first 2 surgeries for you? I am in NYC and looking for a bi-max surgeon. Obviously I would like to avoid who did yours twice.

snapdresser

#8 Post by snapdresser »

^I'd like to know where he went, too.
No braces
1-piece LeFort I + BSSO + Sliding Genio on 10 JUNE 2015!
Partial hardware removal 14 SEP 2018