Open bite blog

Did you start your own braces diary at another website or blog? Tell everyone about it here, and make a link to its web address.

Moderator: bbsadmin

trossi

Open bite blog

#1 Post by trossi »

Hey guys, this is a blog that will be tracking the correction of my open bite, feel free to check it out, there are lots of pictures and videos.

http://openbiteblog.blogspot.com

sjs8906

Re: Open bite blog

#2 Post by sjs8906 »

I have an open bite as well and I can definitely attest to the problems and discomfort that it causes! I have chosen to try a non-surgical route, using TADs to intrude the upper molars. Good luck with your treatment and I look forward to hearing of your progress and experience!

trossi

#3 Post by trossi »

thats great if you can get it done without surgery. When I was younger I had a lot of dental work to try to correct it as much as possible but it all opened up again. I'm hoping that the surgery this time around will fix it once and for all. I'd love to hear more about how the non surgical route goes.

lyphta

#4 Post by lyphta »

I have an open bite tendency prior to braces and now I have a slight openbite - definitely hard to eat - so I'll be extracting some teeth to fix that as well as other crowding problems tomorrow :(
But you look really great! Wish you could have fixed it without surgery though. But still, great result!

trossi

#5 Post by trossi »

So I found out i'm getting double jaw surgery, genioplasty, and wisdom teeth removed. Just wanted to update :)

trossi

#6 Post by trossi »

This is just an image of my teeth about 2-3 months into braces and a month and a half post wisdom teeth removal. About 10 months away from my double jaw surgery and genioplasty.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

beautifulbraceface

#7 Post by beautifulbraceface »

Trossi, I saw your blog. I have an open bite and a tongue thrust/placement issue too. Mine is the result of finger sucking though, so it pushed my front teeth out. I have also had to learn to place my tongue at the roof of my mouth I also noticed on your blog that you mentioned how proper tongue placement effects your jawline from the side profile. I have noticed this with myself as well. I have been doing this in pictures to make myself look slimmer in the face for years now, and it just hit me that my chubby jawline is caused by my poor tongue placement! All of this time I thought everyone could just reposition their tongue in order to create the illusion of a smaller neck/jawline area. I never attributed it to my tongue thrust issue until I saw your blog about it. Since having braces, I have been training myself to keep the tip of my tongue at the roof of my mouth, but now I'm wondering if I should have all of the tongue at the roof of my mouth....not just the front portion. The only time I get the slim jawline effect is by making sure my entire tongue is at the roof of my mouth. Is this the way it is supposed to be positioned at all times?
I became a 20 something year old brace face on 2/8/2011! Follow my journey on my blog and Youtube channel!

Crazy4Snow

#8 Post by Crazy4Snow »

Nice blog, I enjoyed reading. :HugeGrin:

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13

trossi

#9 Post by trossi »

UGHHHHH
Okay so my surgery is set for October 5th 2012.
My bite shouldn't have been closed with the braces, which it was, and now I can't have surgery as planned for May.
My surgeon wants my ortho to open my bite and then he will do the double jaw surgery.
I feel sort of let down.