zoom whitening during invisalign, bad idea?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Babe

zoom whitening during invisalign, bad idea?

#1 Post by Babe »

I was wondering if anyone had experience with zoom whitening while they were still using invisalign. Should I just wait a year until it is done?

rsprouse

#2 Post by rsprouse »

You may experience more sensitivity than you would if you were not going through orthodontic treatment, but an in office whitening is no problem. Or are you talking about using your Invisalign trays with whitening material?

Regards,
Rory

Xero

#3 Post by Xero »

You can put whitening gel from whitening products like Rembrandt Professional White in your Invisalign tray to whiten your teeth. Whitening during Invisalign treatment should be okay, since nothing is actually bonded on your teeth. If you have doubts, consult your orthodontist.

Good luck!
About three years since being braced. Changed ortho twice, so it's hard to keep track.

A very special thanks to KK & linda21 for constantly reading my log. Thanks!

rsprouse

#4 Post by rsprouse »

You can put whitening gel from whitening products like Rembrandt Professional White in your Invisalign tray to whiten your teeth. Whitening during Invisalign treatment should be okay, since nothing is actually bonded on your teeth. If you have doubts, consult your orthodontist.

Good luck!
Certain whitening products will leave a residue/stain on the trays if used too frequently. So yes, you can use the Invisalign trays as whitening trays but you may end up with some stains on the trays themselves. This may or may not be a concern to you.

Regards,
Rory

diehard

#5 Post by diehard »

here is an idea if ortho is ok with it then just use the gel a couple of days before u change to next tray :idea:

Babe

#6 Post by Babe »

well actually the zoom whitening is when you go to the dentist and it takes about an hour it costs a bit more than the trays. however, i think once a month you are suppose to use a tray as upkeep. although i am not 100% sure on this. If that is the case I definetly will talk to my ortho.

Thanks everyone! :D

rsprouse

#7 Post by rsprouse »

well actually the zoom whitening is when you go to the dentist and it takes about an hour it costs a bit more than the trays. however, i think once a month you are suppose to use a tray as upkeep. although i am not 100% sure on this. If that is the case I definetly will talk to my ortho.

Thanks everyone! :D
Zoom is a single in office option for whitening, there are many others out there. Discus Dental (the makers of Zoom) is heavy into marketing which is why so many people recognize the name. And yes, if you want to maintain the jump start that Zoom or any other in office whitening will accomplish then you should have trays made for home use at least once/month. I personally recommend whitening trays unless you have a specific reason for needing a jump in whitening immediately. At home whitening will give you more time with material on your teeth and allow you to better gauge the results. Not white enough, keep it up. Got the results you like, then stop there and maintain. An in office will give most people a 2-3 shade jump start in 70 minutes rather than a couple weeks.

Regards,
Rory

Babe

#8 Post by Babe »

Zoom is a single in office option for whitening, there are many others out there. Discus Dental (the makers of Zoom) is heavy into marketing which is why so many people recognize the name. And yes, if you want to maintain the jump start that Zoom or any other in office whitening will accomplish then you should have trays made for home use at least once/month. I personally recommend whitening trays unless you have a specific reason for needing a jump in whitening immediately. At home whitening will give you more time with material on your teeth and allow you to better gauge the results. Not white enough, keep it up. Got the results you like, then stop there and maintain. An in office will give most people a 2-3 shade jump start in 70 minutes rather than a couple weeks.
I do not have the patience for the trays which is why I would rather spend the extra $400 for zoom. It bad enough I need invisalign lol. Once a month is better than every night.