cavities during invisalign

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Babe

cavities during invisalign

#1 Post by Babe »

Have any of you got sealants to prevent and cavity problems that may arise during the invisalign process. I am considering it because my teeth have deep crevices so I am prone to cavities.

What happens if I don't and than I get a cavity. It throws off the whole treatment??

diehard

#2 Post by diehard »

will not be a problem if u r brushing 4/5 times a day and only drinking water when trays in and a bonus your teeth will go a few shades lighter after a couple of months :)

invisagirl

#3 Post by invisagirl »

I got a cavity during treatment and it was no big deal. The dentist was just really, really careful not to change the shape of the tooth. If you've already had your impressions taken for Invisalign you can't go get selants cause it will change the shape of your teeth. All depends on how prone you are to cavaities as to whether to get selants.

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

Babe

#4 Post by Babe »

well to be honest I definetly wont be brushing 4x a day.I do not have time for that but I have not taken my impressions yet.

I am prone to caivities so I may get the sealants but I have another question. If you get the sealants and than you are given your final retainer (i mean the one you will wear forever) Once the sealants wear away won't i need a new retainer because it won't fit as well on my teeth??

invisagirl

#5 Post by invisagirl »

I would think at that point it wouldn't be as critical but also remember your final retainer won't last forever and ever. Mine lasted a year before I needed a new one.

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

diehard

#6 Post by diehard »

i bet u will brush after every meal before putting trays in because it will feel like putting on dirty underwear (not a good feeling) :)