At long last...

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MegD817

At long last...

#1 Post by MegD817 »

Well I finally have my aligners. I am on day 6 of tray 1. I was suprised how easily my ortho snapped them into place and how easily I could take them out. However this was shortlived, when I went to take them out at lunch I immediatly understood what everyone on the board was talking about with the "oh my god my teeth are coming out with the tray" thing, and when I put them back in... Well let's just say I am glad there were no small children around at the time. Everything is going prettly smoothly so far. I just noticed that my gums feel really funny around my teeth, like kind of bubbly, is the best way I can describe it. I just wanted to know if anyone else's gums felt funny.

tulip

#2 Post by tulip »

Not sure exactly what you mean by "bubbly" ?? I experienced bubbles in the trays at the beginning while I was still adjusting to them, especially right after brushing my teeth and trays.

However, I do get what I call the itchy gum feeling, for a couple of days after each new tray. Maybe that is what you are referring to. I think this itchy feeling is just a milder form of hurting, from the teeth being moved. Aside from removing new trays from tender teeth and the odd tongue sore, this seems to be as bad as is gets for most Invisalign patients, generally speaking.

Terri1967

#3 Post by Terri1967 »

Hi, I get my aligners in a few weeks. Just wondering how invisible they really are. How many people have noticed you are in treatment?

roxy83

Aligners

#4 Post by roxy83 »

I am on Week 1 of Tray 3 and hardly anybody notices that I am wearing them unless I point it out first. The only way you can really tell that they are there is if you very close to the person's mouth.

Good luck!! The first week was the hardest but after that it was fine. The only word of advice that I can share is to change your trays at night so that you sleep through the majority of the discomfort.

diehard

#5 Post by diehard »

stay at least 1 foot away when speaking to someone is the best rule :)