How does everyone go out?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Amy's Smile

How does everyone go out?

#1 Post by Amy's Smile »

Im just wondering how to manage going out to dinner, the movies, sporting events etc. with invisalign. I'm getting my 1st set of trays by the new year and I'm trying to plan ahead. I honestly think i'm not going to care what people think of me when they walk into a public restroom and Im brushing my teeth. Its either this or never leave my house! (Not an option!) How does everyone else manage this? Any tips/ advice?

diehard

#2 Post by diehard »

its up to u there are 2 ways, u can be upfront and tell everone about your new trays and get it over with and not have to worry about people noticeing or like me plan everything to the last detail and be a sneaky git. I think when I do tell people that I have them (soon by the way) then a lot of things will start to make sense like why did u give up chewing gum, why do u drink so much water now and why do u brush after every meal are but a few thing people will begin to understand :lol:

Coco212

#3 Post by Coco212 »

I don't really get the point of keeping it a secret. My friends and family have known I had them since the beginning and they really don't care or notice.

You'll be able to go out just like you normally would with Invisalign. If I'm out to dinner I usually go to the bathroom right before the food comes to take them out, or depending who I'm with, just take them out right there. No one really cares. If you're self conscious about it then just do it in the bathroom, no big deal. Put them back in when you're done eating...it's definitely less embarassing putting them in than taking them out. And really, people don't care. It'll be fine, you'll see!

boaster

Invisalign

#4 Post by boaster »

I bought a bunch of disposable toothbrushes so I can carry one with me when necessary. Usually, though, I just stick to mineral water or water (unless it's a restaurant obviously)