Invisalign, here I come!

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

meggles

Invisalign, here I come!

#1 Post by meggles »

Hi Guys,

I figured I would start a thread tracking my journey using Invisalign. I was going to put it in the "braces stories" section, but they seemed to all be stories about traditional metal braces.

I started my Invisalign journey nearly 2 years ago now - going to see the orthodontist for the first time, finding out about it, seeing if I was a good candidate for treatment. Things got held up due to funds and finance not being available, and before I knew it it was 2008 and I still hadn't done anything about it.

So I got off my bum and went back there and got the process started again. A week or so ago I got the moulds and impressions done, and some photos taken. And today, I got a call to say my Clincheck had arrived and I could come check it out!!

I didn't expect it to be back so soon (when a company say a week to 10 days, they usually don't mean it!), so I was super excited. And the clincheck looked AMAZING. My teeth are going to be FANTASTIC! I can't wait.

And I will only have a treatment time of 10.5 months, whereas I expected 12 months +

The usual lady is off sick today, but when she gets back she will email me a version of the Clincheck that I can share with everyone.

My journey has finally started. I really can't wait.

Update 22/05/08

I received a copy of my Clincheck by email. I'm assuming this is the whole thing, but it looks so different moving quickly compared to the proper software version that the dentist had.

It doesn't look as good as some other peoples, because my teeth are quite short, and I have a gummy smile - which will be fixed by gum recontouring and teeth shaping at the end. So it just makes my front teeth look square instead of rectangle hehe.

But the main difference is my right front tooth (left on the image). It's quite crossed over the other front tooth, and you can see that straighten out in the image.
But I'm so excited. I really can't wait til the aligners come in.[/img]
Last edited by meggles on Wed May 21, 2008 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lilypad

#2 Post by Lilypad »

Welcome to our world! Keep us informed and don't discouraged at the beginning, the first few days are usually a pain in the butt. (OOPS, meant teeth) :wink:

meggles

#3 Post by meggles »

Lilypad wrote:Welcome to our world! Keep us informed and don't discouraged at the beginning, the first few days are usually a pain in the butt. (OOPS, meant teeth) :wink:
Hehehe thanks. Yeah, I've read a LOT of forums and peoples stories, so I'm expecting pain and difficulty removing aligners etc etc, all the common problems.

meggles

#4 Post by meggles »

Hey Guys,

I got my aligners yesterday!!!

Had some sore moments last night... bit of pressure and a bit of a headache but nothing too bad... was sorer when I took them out to eat. I was scared they'd fall out if I bit into anything!! haha

My speech is basically the same... just my S's are a bit lispy, but if I slow down my talking and concentrate I'm fine.

Hopefully all that will go away for good... because although it's not affecting my speech greatly, the little bit that it IS affecting it, will get annoying if it stays for months and months hehe.

Yayyyyy it's all started :)

Lilypad

#5 Post by Lilypad »

Congratulations! I hope everything goes well for you, dont get discouraged and keep us posted! :computer:

John37

#6 Post by John37 »

meggles - good luck with your treatment. I found in the beginning that my voice sounded funny if I tried to speak loud or fast. You should get used to them after a week. :)

mcawful

#7 Post by mcawful »

Your final result looks wonderful! I look at my ClinCheck EVERY DAY. Good luck!
Invisalign - Weeks of treatment: 40
Upper arch: Aligner 40/40
Lower arch: Aligner 40/40
Waiting on refinements due February 2009

ashleycameron

#8 Post by ashleycameron »

Awesome article....
I really enjoyed reading your post.. Its very informative and interesting....

horriblebite

deep bite

#9 Post by horriblebite »

Is that a deep bite - you teeth look a bit like mine, though my bite clovers slightly more of lowers ? Although it sounds a bit dim, I'm only just becoming aware of the terminology for teeth and realising what can be done and didn't even realise that I had a deep bite myself till recently.
I'm due for metal braces, but I'm in my thirties and the 18 month sentence in metal is quite a big deal - I will do it but I'm going to investigate other options before i sign and order the braces ..... i think i'd rather spend two years or more in invisalign than 18 months in metal...has anyone else used these for deep bites

zone6

#10 Post by zone6 »

Watch my VIDEOs, visit my blog… http://imperfect2invisalign.blogspot.com
U: 16
L: 10
8 months total treatment time

meggles

#11 Post by meggles »

New update!!

I got my attachments put on today, and my 3rd aligner.

They feel a bit awkward, and it makes taking the aligner off much harder, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I updated my blog with a photo:

http://meganandinvisalign.blogspot.com/

Wobblydeb

#12 Post by Wobblydeb »

Meggles,

Any chance you can let me know which format your dentist used to email a copy of the Clincheck? My dentist has promised me still copies of the screen but doesn't seem to know how to email the whole thing.

Thanks .... its so exciting isn't it?!!! :D

meggles

#13 Post by meggles »

Wobblydeb wrote:Meggles,

Any chance you can let me know which format your dentist used to email a copy of the Clincheck? My dentist has promised me still copies of the screen but doesn't seem to know how to email the whole thing.

Thanks .... its so exciting isn't it?!!! :D
It was sent as an .avi - a video file.