New to invisalign.. and with some personal questions

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

anastasia

New to invisalign.. and with some personal questions

#1 Post by anastasia »

I love this forum!

I'm on my 1st tray of 25 and have been reading and learning a lot here.
My dentist didn't give me much information, and since nobody here in Norway has even heard of Invisalign, I really don't have anyone to discuss this with.

Even though many of my questions have already been answered here, there is still one little thing I'm wondering about.. My boyfriend, who lives far away, is coming to visit me in a couple of weeks. So I've been thinking about how it will be to kiss with the tray in. What's your experience? Will I (or he) notice a big difference?

And, um.. I was also kind of wondering about oral sex. I feel that the edges on the back of the tray are kinda sharp. I'm not really sure if he would hit those spots, but he is kinda big and with deepthroating and the heat of the moment and stuff I'm worried that I'll hurt him! Should I take the tray out before a bj?

I'll find out for myself in a couple of weeks I guess, but I was just wondering about your experiences.

Wonder if I'll get any answers, hehe

Leelee

#2 Post by Leelee »

Lol...Well, I can't comment on the BJ part because I don't have any experience w/that in regard to Invisalign. However, I can say that kissing was a lil' odd at first w/the trays in, but only because it felt weird for me I think. My boyfriend said he didn't notice any difference, so kissing should be fine w/trays in. As for the other thing, I would take caution, because many a tongue has been cut on the edges of the trays, and the sensitive skin on his goodies are just as susceptible, I'm sure. Good luck :lol:
Finished w/Invisalign Express, now on my third set of Vivera retainers

blair

#3 Post by blair »

Re: oral

I never heard any complaints.

aussie

#4 Post by aussie »

they're fine for kissing, no one has ever noticed them on me.
haha, as for the BJ, cant comment sorry.
started treatment 6 May 2008.
All up 34 Upper & 20 Lower.
Loving the invisalign, a great choice for correcting my teeth.

jnet

#5 Post by jnet »

Personally, I prefer to take them out for the "intimate" moments. It's usually not more than 10 minutes anyway! lol

jennicakes

#6 Post by jennicakes »

it will be fine. don't worry about either