Start Invisalign tomorrow :)

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ems

Start Invisalign tomorrow :)

#1 Post by Ems »

Am so excited i got a telephone call from my dentist yesterday saying my trays are in and they have booked me in tomorrow to get them. I cant wait.

I went out today and bought some toothbrushes to put in work and in my bag and some floss. Is there anything else i need to buy?

Ems

#2 Post by Ems »

Thanks Meryaten i will pick some fluoride up and ask my dentist about the hook and wax :D

Weeeyin

#3 Post by Weeeyin »

Hiya, i've just joined this forum and Ems I'm in a similar situation to you, I've been waiting on getting started since August and am finally going to view my clin check on saturday with the hope the aligners will be 2 weeks later. Reading the forums of patients in the USA where treatment times seems faster I've been going mad here in Scotland where it all seems to take forever no matter how many calls to the ortho I made.

Leelee

#4 Post by Leelee »

Meryaten wrote:I'd always say a fluoride rinse is a good idea (use it last thing at night before bed) if you don't already use one.
I have been using The Natural Dentist Fluoride mouthwash for braces before bed, and I think it has probably kept cavities from forming, but I won't know for certain until my next dental cleaning. I was a little curious about the fluoride staining teeth though, as I've noticed white spots appearing on my teeth. Do you think this something that is likely to be cleared up with whitening, or could it be the dreaded Fluorosis? I did read this on Wikipedia about it, which makes me think it may be the latter:
"Dental fluorosis occurs because of the excessive intake of fluoride either through fluoride in the water supply, naturally occurring or added to it; or through other sources. Excessive fluoride can cause yellowing of teeth, white spots, and pitting or mottling of enamel."
But, then it also said...
"The damage in tooth development occurs between the ages of 3 months to 8 years, from the overexposure to fluoride. Fluorosis cannot occur once the tooth has erupted into the oral cavity. At this point, fluorapatite is beneficial because it is more resistant to dissolution by acids (demineralization)."
Any thoughts? :?
Finished w/Invisalign Express, now on my third set of Vivera retainers

Ems

#5 Post by Ems »

Hi well i have finally started thank god am so made up after signing up in August what a relief.

I thought I was just getting my first trays today but i didnt i got my attachments i have four on top two each side and two on the bottom right and one on the left. Ive just taken them out and it wasnt as bad as i thought. Oh and i got some shaving on one of my teeth.

I go back on wednesday for the dentist to check how am getting on and hopefully give me some trays.

I asked about the whitening but they said i will get this at the end becuase when the attachments come off there would be a slight colour difference.

I cant believe that you can even really notice them am so pleased. I will keep you all updated. :D

Alex2411

#6 Post by Alex2411 »

good luck friend, i wouldnt say you need anything else, just toothbrush and tooth paste will serve you well. keep us updated
Braces On Teeth << My Invisalign Adventure