q's about cost and choice of upper and lower?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ljhanson77

q's about cost and choice of upper and lower?

#1 Post by ljhanson77 »

I go in Mon for my Clincheck appt. When making the appt the receptionist said I need 40 aligners and that should be about $6700. That is for my lower and upper teeth. I only want my upper done, my bottom teeth don't really show and I am happy with them. My upper is the 1 with the large gap I want to close. My q's are;
1. Can I choose to just have my upper teeth done?
2. Would the price dif be different? I am sure I still require 40 aligners but at least they would not have to make any for the bottom. Right?!
Anyone else have these experiences?

Lilypad

#2 Post by Lilypad »

I too, was happy with my bottom teeth and had a large (4.5mm) gap between the top teeth. My ortho thought I had enough room to fix just the top. He did, however, take impressions of the bottoms also so Invisalign could make sure there was. My cost for both arches would have been $5400 but I chose to do just the top for $3900. :D

Wobblydeb

#3 Post by Wobblydeb »

Your dentist should be able to advise whether that would work or not. In general the advice is to treat both arches as any movement could change the bite.

In Lilypad's case she was closing the central gap which I guess meant the bite stayed aligned throughout. I would be more cautious if your bite is currently mis-aligned or your gap is not between the two central incisors.
Initial set: 31 upper / 17 lower
1st refinement: 14 upper / 10 lower
2nd refinement: 10 upper / 5 lower

TakingThePlunge

#4 Post by TakingThePlunge »

Initially, I was just going to do the top. However, my dentist told me that the cost would be the same for the top and bottom with Invisalign Express. I hope that's true. Anyway, I decided since the cost was the same, I would go for both top and bottom. It didn't really make sense not to.

Alex2411

#5 Post by Alex2411 »

i only wanted the top set done but my dentist reccomended that i have both so i did, and even though im only on the first tray im happy i had both so i know that my teeth will look great when their finished.
Braces On Teeth << My Invisalign Adventure

Weeeyin

#6 Post by Weeeyin »

I never wanted my bottom done as it was £500 more to do both but my ortho explained my bite might change so i've gone ahead with top and bottom. i'm closing a gap that never used to bother me at the bottom and i'm glad i'm glad i made the decision to do both now, the final clincheck movie looks great.