How do i watch my Clincheck?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

t13nif

How do i watch my Clincheck?

#1 Post by t13nif »

My dentist emailed me my Clincheck, but when i go to watch it on my computer it says that the file is not recognized. The file format is xx.THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR.

What kind of program do i need to view it?

John37

#2 Post by John37 »

I've never heard of that file type. I took a USB flash drive to the office and they saved the clincheck movies as avi files.

You could try adding the extension .avi to the file and hope that they just changed the extension by accident. Or you could ask them to send it again in a different file format (like avi).

Ems

#3 Post by Ems »

Hi I asked my dentist if he could email or save it to my pen drive but he doesnt know how to do this. Can anyone please tell me so i can get access to my clincheck?

Thanks for your help in advanced.

John37

#4 Post by John37 »

Ems wrote:Hi I asked my dentist if he could email or save it to my pen drive but he doesnt know how to do this. Can anyone please tell me so i can get access to my clincheck?

Thanks for your help in advanced.
pie posted the following instructions in the fourth post in this thread:viewtopic.php?t=27007
pie wrote:Hi,
I am new to the message board and here are the steps to export the movies. (I will be beginning my treatment today!)

Please note that you will have to position the ClinCheck view to the one you will want to export.

Click on "Utilities" --> "Save" --> "Movie"
You can then select "Course of Treatment" or "Spinning Jaw".
The movies posted here are usually "Course of Treatment".

Note: You can also select "More Options" to configure movie resolution, movie quality, movie speed, etc..
The doctor could also configure his Clinicial Information for the movie as well.

Finally, click on "OK" and choose a place to save the movie into.

Note that the movie will be an "avi" file and it could be rather large if you choose high resolution settings.

You will probably need to compress the movies before emailing.

Hope this helps...
Pie.

Ems

#5 Post by Ems »

Thanks John37 I will print it out for my dentist and hopefully he will be able to send me my clin check :D

Simon D

#6 Post by Simon D »

The clincheck movie my ortho sent me is in avi format. It shows a quick animation of how the tooth will move throughout my treatment. Its contains a lot less detail than the one I watched at the surgery (can't see where the attachments will be, can't view from different angles etc).

If its in avi format it should open in a number of different SPAMMERS LIKE ME i.e. Window Media Player, Winamp etc. I don't recognise the file extension .THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR. If I were you I'd contain your ortho again and get the file resent.

Alternatively, you could try changing the file extension to .avi and then see if you will open, although I doubt this will work, it maybe worth a try.

PaulInc

#7 Post by PaulInc »

They can make the video with the attachments on it, if that's what you want.

When i went for my clincheck i took a USB stick and requested videos from 3 angles. I have my frames extracted and can see exactly how my teeth will be moving over the course of my treatments. It's a very handy thing.

KellyG.

#8 Post by KellyG. »

PaulInc

How did you extract the frames? Is that something that you did or that was done when saving the files at the dentist?

PaulInc

#9 Post by PaulInc »

A program falled frame shots. I used the demo, but it still does the trick. You have to tweak the settings a bit to get it to extract exactly every single frame.

sandara

#10 Post by sandara »

How can I get Windows Media Player to automatically open when clicking on a link on my website? Hey, does anyone happen to know if there's a code of some sort or something else I can use? I have a fansite and if I rip a youtube video off YouTube, I want to put it on my site. I want to make it so when people click on the link on my website, Windows Media Player (or whatever player) opens up automatically. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.