Is the invisalign retainer included in the price quoted for

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Realme2008

Is the invisalign retainer included in the price quoted for

#1 Post by Realme2008 »

invisalign? Just curious, because it unfortunately slipped my mind to ask whether or not it was. I guess I kinda just figured it was. Anyone know?

Wobblydeb

#2 Post by Wobblydeb »

I think you'll need to ask your dentist that question. My price includes attaching a permanent retainer to both sets of incisors, but I guess that just costs my dentist chair time. I'm not sure whether the price would have been different if had to get a lab to make a fitted retainer.
Initial set: 31 upper / 17 lower
1st refinement: 14 upper / 10 lower
2nd refinement: 10 upper / 5 lower

myhollywoodsmile

#3 Post by myhollywoodsmile »

I think, unfortunately, it varies by dentist. Some people get the Invisalign retainers where you get three sets a year, other people get permanent wire retainers. It depends what your ortho prefers and recommends.

PaulInc

#4 Post by PaulInc »

At my place i get a choice of fixed or removable retainer as part of the price, but i requested both.

I got quoted £40 ($60?) for a removable retainer. This sounded pretty cheap to me.

Realme2008

#5 Post by Realme2008 »

Cool, thanks for all the answers. :D

Sofie

#6 Post by Sofie »

My initial price included the removable retainers, which I prefer since I like to floss easily. However, if I request a new one, which I'm sure I will because I don't think I'll like having the same one for an entire year, I'll have to pay like $50 for one.