who has a bonded wire behind the teeth...and did it work?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jennicakes

who has a bonded wire behind the teeth...and did it work?

#1 Post by jennicakes »

I am done with invisalign and have had a bonded wire behind my top and bottom teeth for about 3 weeks now....but the wire is not attached to the molars. I have to wear my last trays at night, but the top one is in 2 pieces, and the bottom one doesn't fit great around the wire on the teeth, despite cutting it to fit around the wire.

I am worried my teeth will move before I receive my new non-broken retainers. I paid more than 300.00 for them, so I need my teeth to stay where they were when I ordered them so they will fit properly. Anyone have any experience with this kind of thing?

Thanks!

pompompadom

Fixed retainer

#2 Post by pompompadom »

Hi there

I haven't started Invisalign yet (clinicheck appointment Tuesday- yey).

My Ortho has told me i'm to have the fixed retainer at £225 each!!! for six months.

I would have prefered a removable one but he says they are the best.

gdriftr

#3 Post by gdriftr »

I'm hoping to get the bonded retainer rather than the plastic one. My dentist said I'd have a choice. I actually read somewhere they were better. And I don't think I can face wearing the plastic thing every night for the rest of my life....

janie

#4 Post by janie »

It seems every dentist has their own opinion.

I was told you can't floss between your teeth with the fixed, so it is a definite no no for me!