anyone else have these issues?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ljhanson77

anyone else have these issues?

#1 Post by ljhanson77 »

I started treatment 2 weeks ago and yes it can be a pain but overall I find them very easy and only 1 person noticed. Can't beat that! I am having 2 small issues tho and wondering if anyone else has:
1. Canker sores - I got 1 the 1st week on the inside of my bottom lip and now this week 1 on the inside of my top lip. Both have been wear my aligners are and I have had maybe 2 in my whole life before this. Coincidence?
2. Clenching at night - I wake up and find my teeth clenched in the back. Never had this prob either.
Any one else????

gdriftr

#2 Post by gdriftr »

Just finished my first tray..

I got a canker sore on the gumline where the tray was a little too tight. Dentist didn't seem to think it was a problem, but I am not sure it isn't going to heal back receded, so watch out for these ones. Other sores: I can only recommend filing down any sharp edges, eating healthily and avoiding irritant toothpastes.. (i use Squigle which made a huge difference to me - I used to get load of canker sores in the past)

I also find myself clenching my jaws when I wake up in the night and was thinking about posting in about it. Strange. Anyone else have this?

tizzy

#3 Post by tizzy »

I had and occasionally still clench at night. I found it was worse the first 2 months but I found it got better as time passed. :)

myhollywoodsmile

#4 Post by myhollywoodsmile »

Check your aligners for rough edges. THese can be filed away by you or your ortho, as you really don't need to get these with Invisalign.

As for the clenching, I do this a bit too. Also I have developed a habit of tapping my teeth together all the time in the day. I think it is all related to the way you have to hold your jaw when the aligners are in your mouth.

Have a look at those edges though. They are easily filed away and it makes a world of difference.

invisibyte

#5 Post by invisibyte »

I even clench during the day, and it ends up giving me a headache - no fun at all. It's worse when I have to talk a lot (when I'm working). I think I hold my jaw oddly to compensate for the trays, and then end up with tight jaw muscles and a migraine.

WPGKatie

#6 Post by WPGKatie »

I have been in invisaligns for over a year now, still have a year to go and I still get canker soars, and still clench at night. What I do sometimes, is put wax all along my liners while I sleep. Gives me less of a headache in the morning. Also if I sleep on my back, I don't do it as much. So in the past year, I've started to put a few pillows under my neck/back and I don't roll around, and I wake up with less headaches :). For the canker soars, I gargle salt-water every night after brushing my teeth, and if I get them during the day, if you've ever heard of, or have this stuff called "Collidal Silver" I take a spoonfull of that, and they go away within a few hours :).

Hope the info helped!!!