Brushing teeth probs and worst place ever dropped aligner..

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cazzie

Brushing teeth probs and worst place ever dropped aligner..

#1 Post by cazzie »

I apologise for re-posting this but just thought that maybe the post had got a bit lost..

Just wondered if anyone had any advice on how to manage when there aren't really any facilities to brush/floss? I work in a very busy hospital ward and there are only 2 toilets with small sinks with mixer taps where the water temperature is permanently set to 'just warm', obv not the nicest to brush your teeth with! The staff room is not an option and considering the post on here entitled 'office etiquette' and some of the posts on cleaning you teeth in a rest room sink i think i had best avoid!! Do people consider that rinsing teeth with mouthwash after lunch and rinsing the aligners in water may be enough just to get through the day? I also must admit the ward is so busy with staff, visitors and patients that it is a little embarassing to keep walking through the throng equipped with toothbrush and kit!! Especially seen as my work involves being in theatre and i have to wear scrubs and there isnt really anywhere to hide a toothbrush! Hope someone has some clever ideas and can share what they use when brushing is inconvenient thanks

Also wondered where the worst place anyone has dropped their aligner??! Had this thought when i accidental dropped mine in on the floor by the sinks in a not particularly sanitary motorway service station!

myhollywoodsmile

#2 Post by myhollywoodsmile »

The assistant at my orthodontists told me that after lunch she just flushes with water and puts her trays back in, and I would think that working in an orthodontist office she could find somewhere to brush if it was really necessary. She also told me that it was perfectly ok just to flush with water if you can't find anywhere to brush.

One thing I would be careful of is flushing with mouthwash. The reason being that my ortho told me that you should only use ph neutral ones to avoid trapping acidic fluid between the aligners and the teeth.

WPGKatie

#3 Post by WPGKatie »

I rinse with a travel-sized bottle of scope every day after eating at lunch, as, just like you... very busy, not very sanitary....and that also has to do part with the wierdest place I've dropped it.... I stopped fully cleaning them at work, because I was standing in the washroom, brushing my teeth one day when I had a few moments, and had my liners ON a paper towel, and the toothpaste UNDER the paper towel, and went to grab the towel, and the liners went RIGHT into the toilet... Needless to say, I was REALLY glad I lived close to work, and just ran home and got my previous liners. I've learned a lot about invisalign in the past year!!!