The ultimate test...

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Neil

The ultimate test...

#1 Post by Neil »

Well, this weekend I spent a few days with my Mum and Dad. The first time I've seen them both properly since I started my Invisalign treatment about a month or so ago.

And neither of them noticed a thing. They definitely would have said if they thought my teeth looked strange or I was talking with a lisp.

Excellent!

:)

I plan to tell them, as they'll wonder how my teeth changed on their own, but I thought it would be interesting to see if they noticed. And they didn't.

I must admit I'm finding the constant teeth brushing and aligner-cleaning a pain in the bum, but I can't fault them for their "invisibility"!

Wobblydeb

#2 Post by Wobblydeb »

LOL..... that's good. Its true that they seem really noticeable when you first start wearing them, but no-one else is paying any attention. My boyfriend often has to ask whether I've got them in or out - he just cannot tell unless he has a good long look.

I've had two people comment on them in the last 9 months - the first was a trainee dentist, and the second was also wearing Invisalign :)
Initial set: 31 upper / 17 lower
1st refinement: 14 upper / 10 lower
2nd refinement: 10 upper / 5 lower

anastasia

#3 Post by anastasia »

I think that most people are just not that interested in teeth as we are, and therefore they won't notice!

I keep reading that other people don't even notice when you have braces. I can spot braces miles away, but that is because of my obsession with teeth. I think I'd probably notice Invisalign too. My theory is that others don't really look closely at your mouth/teeth, at least they don't stare and scrutinize like I find myself doing sometimes.

Here in Norway nobody has heard of Invisalign, so even the people who stare at my teeth and notice that something is different can't really wrap their heads around what it is. I've gotten a few comments that my teeth look different or whiter, and one person has asked if I'm having some kind of orthodontic treatment. Two people - lovers actually, that saw me a lot up close - have noticed my attachement, one thought it was food stuck on my tooth and one asked if it was a kind of decoration/diamond :lol:

andrea26

#4 Post by andrea26 »

i have been wearing mine for 3 weeks and only 1 person has noticed.

they really are almost invisible! after only 3 weeks of wearing them i

rather have them in than out. My teeth dont feel comfortable without them

anymore. I ve got 9moths to go, cant wait to see the results!

The only annoying thing is the constant brushing, i normaly have to brush

5-6 times a day.

Wireless

#5 Post by Wireless »

Neither of my adult kids noticed until I told them and no friends have noticed. One friend did not believe it when we told her while having dinner out one evening.

My wife keeps offering me snacks followed by "Oops, I forgot!" I hope she isn't doing this on purpose!!

beebee22

#6 Post by beebee22 »

Nobody noticed mine within the first 2 weeks and then I had elastic bands attached and now almost everyone notices them, I am not too fussed they still look loads better then metal braces and only have elastics on till September so then they will be invisible again.