Chipped tooth?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

VaniBella

Chipped tooth?

#1 Post by VaniBella »

I got a slight chip in my tooth over the weekend. It was very tiny, but it was in the front so it was enough to bother me. I went to get it fixed on Monday and it looks normal. I think my dentist filed it a little and bonded it. I asked the dental assistant if it will affect the size of the invisalign aligners I am expecting to come in in a few weeks. She said no because its tiny, but Im still thinking about it. What do you think?

PaulInc

#2 Post by PaulInc »

I think if you had the impressions before the chip and the reconstruction was pretty small and accurate, it might not be a problem. If it is then he'll have to file it down a bit more till they fit.

I have a tiny chip on my upper central that i want fixing along with a little wear on a lower, but i'll have to wait till after invisalign now.

John37

#3 Post by John37 »

If it's a problem you & your doctor will probably be able to tell since the aligner won't seat completely on the tooth. It can probably just be filed a little if it's a problem.