a bit worried now...

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

parkersg

a bit worried now...

#1 Post by parkersg »

So like most, i wore my aligners for exactly 22 hours a day and no less for the first half of my treatment, however as time went on i became a bit more *ahem* relaxed about the situation and have left them out for very long periods of time sometimes 10-12 hours,

because i havnt noticed a physical change or difference in my teeth i figured it was all good, but now im worried about consequences in the long run, im on aligner no.20 out of 27, but still when i take them out for a while i can feel my teeth moving back even when the aligners have been in for the 2 weeks, of course once i put the trays back in (although they're a little tight) they go back to the right place

so now i'm wondering, have i messed it all up? should i be worried?

any help would be appreciated :D

Weeeyin

#2 Post by Weeeyin »

You're paying a lot of money for this, i'd question yourself why you're leaving them out for so long , i presume you want nice teeth at the end? you're supposed to wear the trays for about 20+ hours for a reason, to allow the bones to settle round the movement of the teeth, what your doing might cause root damage and worse case the teeth fall out (learnt this from other more experienced people / and a professional on another forum). tell youre ortho what you have been doing, dont lie about it and maybe it can be sorted. good luck

anastasia

#3 Post by anastasia »

I've done the same thing, and I asked my ortho about it.

What he said was that the teeth would be moving back to where they "are used to be" when I have the trays out. He figured that having the trays out for 10-12 hours straight would set the treatment back twice as much, i.e. a whole day. He strongly advised me against it, and said that if I did take them out for several hours I should wear the tray for a couple of days longer than the two weeks.

He didn't say anything about bones or roots or teeth falling out, but I didn't ask about that either.

I've been cheating quite a bit, I was maybe a bit too "relaxed" for a while, but I'm trying to pull my act together now in the final phase!

That being said there seems to be no problems with my treatment or progress.