Baby teeth? Birmingham?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lt81

Baby teeth? Birmingham?

#1 Post by lt81 »

Hi

I am thinking about getting invisalign (after about 7 years of shall I or shan't I!!).

I have three baby molar teeth. Does anyone know if these would have to be removed before I start invisalign and are there likely to be any cost implications?

Also anyone had invisalign fitted in Birmingham that could make any recommendations?

Thanks

smeepee

#2 Post by smeepee »

I can't help with the baby teeth question, but presuming you mean Birmingham, England I can recommend Dr Kumar from New Street Dental. He's also just opened a drop-in dental surgery at House of Fraser. Very nice staff, and answer any questions you may have. They hold regular invisalign introductory nights too, which is how I was persuaded to get mine!

Good luck.

myhollywoodsmile

#3 Post by myhollywoodsmile »

Hi there,
I'm not a dentist, but I wondered why your normal dentist had never removed them. I had one baby molar and my dentist removed it. Unfortunately he didn't place a space saver so it grew out sideways which is why my teeth are such a complex case. Grrr

Sorry to be rude, but how old are you? Are there adult molars waiting behind to come through? There are different Invisalign now that can deal with erupting teeth and things.

DrJasonKTam

#4 Post by DrJasonKTam »

2nd premolars are commonly congenitally missing. Often times, dentists leave primary molars in as long as possible, advising that they may need to be extracted in the future, and/or require replacement.

Primary molars on the bottom tend to be larger than the adult premolars that come in. I will caution you that there are very few orthodontists or dentists that will be experienced enough to close these large spaces with Invisalign in a proper manner. Do your research to find out if they have indeed used Invisalign with extractions before.

If you do have permanent teeth erupting under your primary teeth, you can get the primary teeth extracted just a few days before your aligners go in. This will be a Teen treatment and again, few providers are actually capable of providing proper treatment by estimating the size of your permanent tooth that is to erupt. You may decide to wait for full eruption of your teeth, in which case a standard Invisalign treatment may apply.

Best of Luck!
Dr. Jason Tam
Toronto Invisalign, Scarborough braces, and Markham Orthodontist
Diamond Plus Invisalign Provider
Thrice Published in the Invisalign Case Gallery

http://www.mcosmiles.com

Learn all about Toronto Invisalign at http://www.torontobraces.ca.

Before and After Invisalign Video 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNTVxoTQqR8
Before and After Invisalign Video 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywcwlyL-sg8

lt81

#5 Post by lt81 »

Thanks everyone. The baby teeth do not have secondaries behind them and they seem pretty firm fixed so far. I am 28.

My last dentist advised they would probably be okay until I am in my mid 30's.

I went to see Dr Kumar this morning, and he seems spot on, so glad to hear a recommendation. I have actually signed up with him this afternoon, so getting my pictures and molds next week - yipee!

If anyone is interested, the primary molars are going to stay put and he is just going to move the front 6 on the upper and lower jaw, which is fine as that is all that bothers me, the teeth behind are all fine.

smeepee

#6 Post by smeepee »

Oh thats fab news. Evertime I went to see Dr Kumar, him and the rest of the team always made me feel at home. I'm sure your teeth will look fab when you've finished! I'm really pleased with mine! :D