Should I call...

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

VaniBella

Should I call...

#1 Post by VaniBella »

Hi all,

I went to the invisalign website and I got the headquarters phone number. Do you think if I call and give them my name/info they would be able to tell me if they sent out my aligners to my dentist?

PrincessLauren

#2 Post by PrincessLauren »

I wouldn't have thought so as giving out info to someone other than your dentist/ortho would come under data protection.

Have you had a long wait for them?

Its prob worth a try... then if someone elses asks the question on here you can answer it!

VaniBella

#3 Post by VaniBella »

Yes-My impressions were about 3 1/2 weeks ago. My ortho said to make an appnt for 6 weeks from that date, and they should be there. And I was told that if they came earlier I would get a call. Well, I am losing my patience quite honestly. I know it takes a few weeks and it is a precise process but this is just ridiculous to me.

Anyway, I was just thinking to give it a shot and call and maybe they can look me up by name.

Wireless

#4 Post by Wireless »

It took over seven weeks to get mine. The Invisalign process involves making digital computer images that are sent to Costa Rica where dental techs develop the Clincheck. Your ortho reviews them and updates. At this point, patients are sometimes shown the video to show correction movements and final results.

Once everything is approved, my understanding is the aligners are made in Mexico, then shipped to Invisalign, who then sends them to your ortho.

I suggest you call your ortho and ask to see the Clincheck, then ask what the status is with Invisalign.

My ortho's office was in contact with Invisalign to confirm shipment when it became clear they were running late.

My understanding is this same procedure applies to refinements. I hope I won't need to have any!!!

myhollywoodsmile

#5 Post by myhollywoodsmile »

I'm not sure that calling Invisalign direct won't annoy the people at your ortho's office and I think I would probably want to keep that relationship good at this point. You could, however, ask them to call Invisalign and ask about shipping dates..

I must say though that my aligners took 6 weeks to come. Like you I was eager to get started and it felt like forever. I think 3 and a half weeks would be unusually quick though.

PrincessLauren

#6 Post by PrincessLauren »

From my initial consultation/impressions it was 3 weeks till my clincheck appointment then from that its another 3 weeks till I pick up my aligners so in total I have a 6 week wait to start treatment. Plus I had to wait 6 weeks to get an initial consultion appointment with my ortho so will have a 12 week wait in total!

I go back in just over 2 weeks now to get them so sounds like we will prob be starting at the same time :-)

I agree with wireless that you should ring your ortho because they can prob give you an update on the stage you are at and you can also find out how many aligners you will have.

Let me know if you do, I have 23 uppers and 16 lowers so be interesting to see when we finish if we are starting around the same time!

VaniBella

#7 Post by VaniBella »

Hi! Well how ironic is this?
This morning I called Invisalign customer service and they said that they should arrive on Mon or Tues. I was so excited!

Then, about 20 minutes later my phone rang and it was my dentist telling me that my aigners were in!!!!! I was so excited..........only to learn that they closed early today for the long weekend. I was babysitting so I couldnt just leave and go to the dentist! Just my luck...funny how Ive been waiting so long and im unemployed and out of all days i was busy......lol!

The ortho is in the office on fridays...so you guessed it...my appnt is next friday! So ive got to wait ONE MORE WEEK! hahaha how ironic the way it happened!

VaniBella

#8 Post by VaniBella »

oh and by the way Lauren-I did express. Im not sure how many aligners i guess 10 or 12-and she told me ill be done in 6 months. I only have one tooth (my front) to straighten! All my teeth line up nicely and are straight...my bottoms there is one that is just slightly crooked, so im doing top and bottoms. She asked me if I wanted to just do top, but I chose both because I know that if the top one was corrected, and I didnt do the bottom is would annoy me!

PrincessLauren

#9 Post by PrincessLauren »

Thats pretty random! Bet you feel loads better knowing whats going on. My ortho keeps saying to ring or e-mail him with any questions but I don't want to annoy him!

Have been told my top will take about 7 months and lowers about 5 months (changing every 10 days) plus a couple more months for refinements so kind of around the same time!

2 weeks tomorrow and counting till I get mine :-)

I have my clincheck on my blog: www.myinviaslignsmile.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.

Good luck with your appointment!