First day-First hour-Just got home with Tray 1

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

VaniBella

First day-First hour-Just got home with Tray 1

#1 Post by VaniBella »

Hi, after 6 weeks of waiting-I finally just got home.

Here's my story:

I went in and my ortho said she wasn't happy with the first clincheck, which involved 12 trays. (Originally she ordered Invisalign express). She explained to me that there would be no extra charge to me to order more aligners (Thank goodness). So in total I am going to have about 14 or something...(I forgot how many on top and how many on bottom) bear with me, my head is achy from the pressure.

So, she actually didn't offer to show my the clincheck-I had to ask! Which was kind of irritating, but I'm happy with the end result. She told me that she requested to them that any attachments go on the side and not front. I have to say, attachments are not visible. I cant barely see them! They are on my side teeth.

She only gave me the top aligner to start with for two weeks, this is because invisalign suggested I start bottoms on tray 2.... I was sort of dissapointed that I didn't get any cool stuff in my kit, lol...I didn't get a kit at all. I got an Invisalign bag with my case and a brochure! but whatever..what can i do...she said to clean them in efferdent. (is that the name?)

Anyway, right now here's how I am feeling-
TIGHTNESS. which I hope gets better-and I am sure it will after all it has only been about an hour!

I also feel them on my teeth, like a thickness sort of....Im sure it will get better in a few days. At first I was paranoid, I thought they were not "invisible" but I have noticed that I can only see them up close, I took a picture and the only thing is that they look shiny. But you really cant see them. The other thing I noticed, its that if you have a gap, they actually make your teeth look closer together.

A few weeks ago I had a slight chip in my tooth, and I went to get it filed down, I was worried that the Invisalign would be affected- up close, u can see the little extra on the bottom, but I think that's just because I know it is there. She said at the end, they can be filed to look even in the end. Which I suspect is an easy thing to do.

Well, that's my story so far...I hope I could be of help to anyone starting treatment.

Wireless

#2 Post by Wireless »

I'm glad to hear you have made it through all of the waiting and have had good explanations from your ortho. The aligners definitely feel funny at first and take some getting used to. It sounds like you got the standard Invisalign bag and retainer cases - don't feel bad, that what everyone else gets too!!

The pressure and discomfort goes away usually overnight, so you'll probably be fine in a short time. I have only had a few trays that really caused any real discomfort for more than a day. 14 trays should go by quickly!

You'll probably find your teeth look better with the aligners than without when you are looking at your teeth from the distance most people see them. They make your teeth look a little more glossy and hide most of the flaws or minor crookedness.

Probably the biggest challenge is social situations with food. I found this more difficult at first, but find it easier now that I have my routines down.

Good luck with your treatment - may your results be as good as your Clincheck!!

VaniBella

#3 Post by VaniBella »

Thanks!!!

It's painful taking them out, then putting them back in.
I actually was out and I had to take out my aligner. I was having a bit of trouble, and ended up scratching my gum a little and it started bleeding :( ... But I washed it and ate, put it back! I know its going to take getting used too...
And the funny part is my mom is very honest...and even she said she couldn't see them! So then I know they are invisible! Haha also, the attachments do not bother me a bit...I actually don't even see them, I asked my bf if he saw them and he kept saying "where? What bump?" Lol!
I took a picture of my teeth before, and took one yesterday and with the aligner in and its amazing to see how different it looks!
Thanks for the support of this site...ithe ortho actually said to me "wow I don't have to explain anything to you" I told her I pretty much read about the whole process! Thank goodness for this site it has helped so much!

PrincessLauren

#4 Post by PrincessLauren »

I still have another week to wait until I get mine, argh!!! I can't wait till I start :-)

Taking pics is a great way to track progress.

Good luck!

VaniBella

#5 Post by VaniBella »

im already on day 3 and i have to say it is getting easier to take them out and put them back in. The only thing is my 2 front teeth are sore, and if i bite down on them (if they touch my bottom front teeth i feel a little "Zing"
but it hasnt stopped me from eating anything normally im just extra careful.
ive taken pics for myself......good luck let us know when u start :)