Happy So Far / Starting Refinements

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Spooky Tooth

Happy So Far / Starting Refinements

#1 Post by Spooky Tooth »

Hi all,

I finished 20/20 U&L just over four weeks ago and am happy to report all has gone well so far. Yesterday, I started 1/5 refinement trays U&L. I wish it were easier to post photos so I could share the progress. There's not much left to do. I think my ortho is very careful in planning treatment.

I'm 43 and my wife "strongly encouraged" me to correct a very crooked front tooth. Most of the nine months of initial treatment were spent making room for that tooth to rotate into line. I had three attachments on the bottom and four on the top, including a "giant" attachment on the crooked front tooth. None fell off during treatment. The refinment trays do not have attachments.

I had a lot of bother with excess salivation and a sore throat for the first tray but that soon cleared up. It also took some practice to remove the trays after the attachments were fitted. Other than that, I had a pretty good experience.

I could have opted for a longer and more expensive treatment with metal braces that would have corrected my midline deviation but opted for the aesthetic and less conspicuous fix with Invisalign that also allowed me to take better care of my middle-aged gums.

Some friends and colleagues probably noticed my aligners but didn't say anything. I know for a fact that several did not until I told them. Only my sister-in-law said anything. She asked, "what's that on your tooth?" referring to my giant attachment. She didn't even see the trays!

I don't know if I would have spent the $6,000 without my wife "encouraging" me to do so but, now, I'm glad I did. I would recommend Invisalign to those who are still undecided about pursuing treatment.

Best,
Greg

Wireless

#2 Post by Wireless »

Congratulations!!! And also, thanks for sharing a success story. It's definitely encouraging to read about good results. Give us a post on the final product!!

andrea26

#3 Post by andrea26 »

its always nice to read positive stories. Congratulations to you!
I am on tray 6 of 21 and cant wait to see the results !

John37

#4 Post by John37 »

LOL, it's nice to see that you took your wife's advice, and I hope you thank her every day for encouraging you to do it.

thornhilldental

Invisalign outcome

#5 Post by thornhilldental »

Most people are very happy they had Invisalign after the treatment is over. The results an be fantastic and during treatment, most people will not even know you have braces.